Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Vista not waking up after defragmentation overnight

Vista not waking up after defragmentation overnight

Rob

Have a dual-boot setup (XP 32 bit and Vista 64bit) running for near a year.

One major problem has arised twice so otherwise I will from now on try to
avoid sleeping mode (or hybernation ??...).

In Vista, there is no way apparently I can wake up the system from sleep
mode : mouse, keys (at least I haven't found which or which esoteric
combination...)

Last time I had this problem, I had to physically shut the PC, att he risk
of doing something bad to my boot sector (if I remember, the next launching
had been problematic...)

Is there a setting I can do : either to have a **simple** way to awake it
(such as moving the mouse, as it is the case on the same machine under XP),
or at worst, setting so it will never go back to sleep, period ?

Thanks,
Rob

John Barnes

Control Panel/System and Maintenance/Power Options and set never to sleep.
As to waking up, that would most likely be a driver problem. Check you have
the latest ACPI driver.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Have a dual-boot setup (XP 32 bit and Vista 64bit) running for near a
> year.
>
> One major problem has arised twice so otherwise I will from now on try to
> avoid sleeping mode (or hybernation ??...).
>
> In Vista, there is no way apparently I can wake up the system from sleep
> mode : mouse, keys (at least I haven't found which or which esoteric
> combination...)
>
> Last time I had this problem, I had to physically shut the PC, att he risk
> of doing something bad to my boot sector (if I remember, the next
> launching
> had been problematic...)
>
> Is there a setting I can do : either to have a **simple** way to awake it
> (such as moving the mouse, as it is the case on the same machine under
> XP),
> or at worst, setting so it will never go back to sleep, period ?
>
> Thanks,
> Rob

Computer freezes after waking from standby Don Culp Windows 64bit 3 02-22-2009 09:02 PM
Defragmentation query - Vista SS Computer Support 6 05-12-2007 03:48 AM
Reason Why Linux Does Not Need Defragmentation Au79 Computer Support 32 08-20-2006 09:07 PM
waking from sleep SightSeer Firefox 4 01-18-2005 06:07 PM
IP Adress not renewing overnight David Wireless Networking 0 07-13-2004 03:18 PM

Advertisments