Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > TB e NG

TB e NG

fm2766

For a mistake, in reading a newsgroup with TB, I answered "no" in
downloading new news.
Now I need the new news, but I can't download them.
Is there any way to recover them?
I don't want to lose the news already discharged, because I want to read
them "offline", as I have already set.
Thank you all.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

fm2766 wrote:
> For a mistake, in reading a newsgroup with TB, I answered "no" in
> downloading new news.
> Now I need the new news, but I can't download them.
> Is there any way to recover them?
> I don't want to lose the news already discharged, because I want to read
> them "offline", as I have already set.
> Thank you all.

close the program, then delete the *.msf file for that
newsgroup, which is located in the news section of the TB
profile.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

fm2766

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo ha scritto:
> close the program, then delete the *.msf file for that newsgroup, which
> is located in the news section of the TB profile.

Thank you for your reply. But I still have a doubt.
I have highlighted some old messages with "important".
Acting as you suggest, will I lose these highlights?

fm2766 wrote:
> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo ha scritto:
>> close the program, then delete the *.msf file for that newsgroup, which
>> is located in the news section of the TB profile.

> Thank you for your reply. But I still have a doubt.
> I have highlighted some old messages with "important".
> Acting as you suggest, will I lose these highlights?

the .msf files contains info such as which way things are
threaded, which messages are tagged, which ones are marked
as flagged, and so forth.

So, if you want to solve your problem, you need to remove
the .msf files. If you do, then yes, you will lose your
settings.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

fm2766

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo ha scritto:
> fm2766 wrote:
>> I have highlighted some old messages with "important".
>> Acting as you suggest, will I lose these highlights?

> the .msf files contains info such as which way things are threaded,
> which messages are tagged, which ones are marked as flagged, and so forth.
> So, if you want to solve your problem, you need to remove the .msf
> files. If you do, then yes, you will lose your settings.

Thank you again.
I suppose I'll keep my settings, so I'll lose messages I have not
downloaded.
Nevertheless, your answer helped me.