Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > windows explorer opening wrong program link

windows explorer opening wrong program link

sunsetami

I downloaded a new program for my business, which downloaded and opens fine.
WHen I try using components within the program, as in adding new customers, a
box comes up "please wait while windows configures .... name of an old
program that has nothing to do with the new one.
Then a box comes up telling me the info needed is on a CD, for the old
program. I dont have a CD for that program anymore...

Anything i can do to change this?

sunsetami

Its windows installer not explorer... sorry

"sunsetami" wrote:

> I downloaded a new program for my business, which downloaded and opens fine.
> WHen I try using components within the program, as in adding new customers, a
> box comes up "please wait while windows configures .... name of an old
> program that has nothing to do with the new one.
> Then a box comes up telling me the info needed is on a CD, for the old
> program. I dont have a CD for that program anymore...
>
> Anything i can do to change this?

Steve Winograd

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 11:31:25 -0800, sunsetami
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I downloaded a new program for my business, which downloaded and opens fine.
>WHen I try using components within the program, as in adding new customers, a
>box comes up "please wait while windows configures .... name of an old
>program that has nothing to do with the new one.
>Then a box comes up telling me the info needed is on a CD, for the old
>program. I dont have a CD for that program anymore...
>
>Anything i can do to change this?

Use the Windows Installer Clenaup Utility to remove the entry for the
old program. It's available here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
--
Best Wishes,