Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Memory card reader

Memory card reader

elliot

Is it possible to use a memory card reader to transfer pics you had read
from a memory card to Dell Vista computer,, back on a memory card so you
could take them to be developed at say Walmart or???

me@mine.net

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 11:12:43 -0500, in rec.photo.digital
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (elliot) wrote:

>Is it possible to use a memory card reader to transfer pics you had read
>from a memory card to Dell Vista computer,, back on a memory card so you
>could take them to be developed at say Walmart or???

Sure, open put the card in the reader, open My Computer and open the
drive associated with the card. Copy the files as you would to any
other drive.

tony cooper

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 11:12:43 -0500, (E-Mail Removed) (elliot) wrote:

>Is it possible to use a memory card reader to transfer pics you had read
>from a memory card to Dell Vista computer,, back on a memory card so you
>could take them to be developed at say Walmart or???

Why bother? You can transfer your images to your computer and upload
them online to Walmart, Walgreens or other stores that do processing
and pick up the prints at the store within hours.

The advantage to this, if you want prints from these sources, is that
you can crop and correct the images before you upload them to the
store.

--

Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Jürgen Exner

(E-Mail Removed) (elliot) wrote:
>Is it possible to use a memory card reader to transfer pics you had read
>from a memory card to Dell Vista computer,, back on a memory card so you
>could take them to be developed at say Walmart or???

Why not? Where do you expect a problem?

jue

ray

On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 11:12:43 -0500, elliot wrote:

> Is it possible to use a memory card reader to transfer pics you had read
> from a memory card to Dell Vista computer,, back on a memory card so you
> could take them to be developed at say Walmart or???

Certainly. I've done that several times, though I use Linux instead of MS
and my computer is not a DELL. Now, whether vista is up to it, I don't
know.

measekite

Memory cards are treated like a hard disk.  You can read and write to them.

measekite <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> <head>
> </head>
> can read and write to them.</font><br>

Could you please repeat what you meant to say in plain English?

jue

TH O

In article <pRNoj.10089$(E-Mail Removed)>,
measekite <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> <head>
> </head>
> can read and write to them.</font><br>
> elliot wrote:
> type="cite">
> <pre wrap="">Is it possible to use a memory card reader to transfer pics
> you had read
> from a memory card to Dell Vista computer,, back on a memory card so you
> could take them to be developed at say Walmart or???
>

> </pre>

measekite, can you please not post in HTML. It's difficult to read and
unnecessary in newsgroups.

measekite

J&uuml;rgen Exner wrote:

measekite &lt;(E-Mail Removed)&gt; wrote:

&lt;!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"&gt; &lt;html&gt; &lt;head&gt; &lt;meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type"&gt; &lt;/head&gt; &lt;body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000"&gt; &lt;font face="sans-serif"&gt;Memory cards are treated like a hard disk.&amp;nbsp; You can read and write to them.&lt;/font&gt;&lt;br&gt; &lt;br&gt;

Could you please repeat what you meant to say in plain English?

Can you get a modern news reader running on a modern computer and come out of the past.

jue

measekite

TH O wrote:

In article &lt;pRNoj.10089$(E-Mail Removed)&g t;, measekite &lt;(E-Mail Removed)&gt; wrote:

&lt;!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"&gt; &lt;html&gt; &lt;head&gt; &lt;meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type"&gt; &lt;/head&gt; &lt;body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000"&gt; &lt;font face="sans-serif"&gt;Memory cards are treated like a hard disk.&amp;nbsp; You can read and write to them.&lt;/font&gt;&lt;br&gt; &lt;br&gt; elliot wrote: &lt;blockquote cite="mid:(E-Mail Removed)" type="cite"&gt; &lt;pre wrap=""&gt;Is it possible to use a memory card reader to transfer pics you had read from a memory card to Dell Vista computer,, back on a memory card so you could take them to be developed at say Walmart or??? &lt;/pre&gt; &lt;/blockquote&gt; &lt;/body&gt; &lt;/html&gt;

measekite, can you please not post in HTML. It's difficult to read and unnecessary in newsgroups.

Poster should not kling to the past.&nbsp; That is past logic.&nbsp; Today there are modern computers with high bandwidth and very few dial up modems.&nbsp; One now has the luxury of using graphics.