Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > SimpleXMLRPCServer to fastcgi via WSGI?

SimpleXMLRPCServer to fastcgi via WSGI?

Ivan Voras

Hi,

Is there a straightforward way to convert an XML-RPC server application
(written for SimpleXMLRPCServer) to use WSGI so that it can be used as s
fastcgi server? By "straightforward" I mean something simple, without
using some external framework.

Alternatively, I don't really care about WSGI, so something that makes
it work as fastcgi directly will also be ok.

Joshua Kugler

Ivan Voras wrote:
> Is there a straightforward way to convert an XML-RPC server application
> (written for SimpleXMLRPCServer) to use WSGI so that it can be used as s
> fastcgi server? By "straightforward" I mean something simple, without
> using some external framework.
>
> Alternatively, I don't really care about WSGI, so something that makes
> it work as fastcgi directly will also be ok.

You don't need WSGI to use FastCGI. See
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-fastcgi It says it includes WSGI server
implementations, but that doesn't mean you have to use them.

RE: SimpleXMLRPCServer whitekid Python 3 01-16-2004 08:48 PM
SimpleXMLRPCServer Maxim Khesin Python 3 01-16-2004 05:06 PM
xmlrpc / SimpleXMLRPCServer and multi-threading Marco Aschwanden Python 2 12-29-2003 06:28 PM
SimpleXMLRPCServer vs handlername question Raaijmakers, Vincent \(IndSys,GE Interlogix\) Python 1 12-20-2003 12:26 AM
Asynchronous SimpleXMLRpcServer Guyon Morée Python 3 12-04-2003 02:00 AM

Advertisments