Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Visual Studio 2005 Team edition for Software Developers and Web Site

Visual Studio 2005 Team edition for Software Developers and Web Site

uupi_duu@yahoo.com

Hello,

I have run a same problem couple of times.

Visual Studio 2005 is installed from Visual Studio 2005 Team edition
for Software Developers dvds and after installation Creating Web Site
is missing. Doesn't Visual Studio 2005 Team edition for Software
Developers support Web Site creations at least menu's File | New | Web
Site is missing.

Anyone know this? Is the only possibility to install Web site support
to use Visual Studio 2005 Professional
version?

Cheers,

John Saunders [MVP]

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I have run a same problem couple of times.
>
> Visual Studio 2005 is installed from Visual Studio 2005 Team edition
> for Software Developers dvds and after installation Creating Web Site
> is missing. Doesn't Visual Studio 2005 Team edition for Software
> Developers support Web Site creations at least menu's File | New | Web
> Site is missing.

I don't know how it happened, but it seems Microsoft has done you a favor.
You should never use File | New | Web Site anyway, and instead should use
File | New | Project.

IMHO

John Saunders | MVP - Windows Server System - Connected System Developer

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

It should be there. I am not sure if there is an easy way to configure it
back on.

Regardless, I agree with John that New >> Project >> {language} >> {website
template} is a better way to go. And, it gets you around this issue.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

| Think outside the box!

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I have run a same problem couple of times.
>
> Visual Studio 2005 is installed from Visual Studio 2005 Team edition
> for Software Developers dvds and after installation Creating Web Site
> is missing. Doesn't Visual Studio 2005 Team edition for Software
> Developers support Web Site creations at least menu's File | New | Web
> Site is missing.
>

> Anyone know this? Is the only possibility to install Web site support
> to use Visual Studio 2005 Professional
> version?
>

> Cheers,

bruce barker

when you startup vs2005 for the first time it asks what type of dev you are.
it then removes all menu picks it thinks you will not need (isn't that
special). in tools customize you can add back the picks it removed.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)