Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Telecom faces court over 'Go Large' ads

Telecom faces court over 'Go Large' ads

Puddle

"Telecom and its subsidiary Xtra are to be prosecuted for allegedly
misleading the public with its Go Large broadband promotion."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4383814a10.html

Had to happen, I'm sure other ISP's are guilty of misleading people as well.

geoff

Puddle wrote:
> "Telecom and its subsidiary Xtra are to be prosecuted for allegedly
> misleading the public with its Go Large broadband promotion."
>

> http://www.stuff.co.nz/4383814a10.html
>
> Had to happen, I'm sure other ISP's are guilty of misleading people
> as well.

They finally let slip a good value plan (like they all should be), and when
they realised their mistake, have proceeded to fudge it.

geoff

thingy

Puddle wrote:
> "Telecom and its subsidiary Xtra are to be prosecuted for allegedly
> misleading the public with its Go Large broadband promotion."
>

> http://www.stuff.co.nz/4383814a10.html
>
> Had to happen, I'm sure other ISP's are guilty of misleading people as
> well.

Ive been amazed it has taken this long....if you offer "unlimited" this
is well yes Ok but if you "abuse it" its 10gig really....

or...

You may want to sign up for un-limited, but we only want to sign up
people who will never use it like that....

sshhh....

regards

Thing

noone@nospamyahoo.cnn

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 12:14:48 +1300, "geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Puddle wrote:
>> "Telecom and its subsidiary Xtra are to be prosecuted for allegedly
>> misleading the public with its Go Large broadband promotion."
>>

>> http://www.stuff.co.nz/4383814a10.html
>>
>> Had to happen, I'm sure other ISP's are guilty of misleading people
>> as well.

>They finally let slip a good value plan (like they all should be), and when
>they realised their mistake, have proceeded to fudge it.
>
>geoff

And nothing will ever be done about, as is many cases before

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) did write:

> And nothing will ever be done about, as is many cases before

Allow me to introduce you to the Commerce Commission. See what's hanging
from their belt? Yes, those are actual scalps of companies that have tried
to pull a fast one on customers, and had to pay the price. Quite a lot of
them, aren't there?

Gordon

On 2008-01-31, Puddle <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Telecom and its subsidiary Xtra are to be prosecuted for allegedly
> misleading the public with its Go Large broadband promotion."
>

> http://www.stuff.co.nz/4383814a10.html
>
> Had to happen, I'm sure other ISP's are guilty of misleading people as well.

True, but did thay use Telecom as part of their service?

Gordon

On 2008-01-31, thingy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Puddle wrote:
>> "Telecom and its subsidiary Xtra are to be prosecuted for allegedly
>> misleading the public with its Go Large broadband promotion."
>>

>> http://www.stuff.co.nz/4383814a10.html
>>
>> Had to happen, I'm sure other ISP's are guilty of misleading people as
>> well.

> Ive been amazed it has taken this long....if you offer "unlimited" this
> is well yes Ok but if you "abuse it" its 10gig really....

It the legal side of things. It grinds on very slowly. The real point is
does it hurt/damage/kill Telcom? I doubt it.

Still, as I have read, and herad from a taxi driver, despite being kneed in
the wallet by them they still stick with them.

So anyone suprised WTF a woman stays with a man who beats her up?

Gordon

On 2008-02-01, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) did write:
>
>> And nothing will ever be done about, as is many cases before

> Allow me to introduce you to the Commerce Commission. See what's hanging
> from their belt? Yes, those are actual scalps of companies that have tried
> to pull a fast one on customers, and had to pay the price. Quite a lot of
> them, aren't there?

Right, challange

1) name the companies
2) give the fine
3) give those still in business
4) those still in business, which one made a profit in the last year.

Churn people, it is the way for real competition.

Of course if one want butter, from cream them churning is also a good idea.

Brendan

On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 12:29:24 +1300, thingy wrote:

> Ive been amazed it has taken this long....if you offer "unlimited" this
> is well yes Ok but if you "abuse it" its 10gig really....
>
> or...
>
> You may want to sign up for un-limited, but we only want to sign up
> people who will never use it like that....
>
> sshhh....

I'm amazed too. I was ranting about this **** literally years ago and was
roundly shouted down and told I was various types of bastard - iirc by the
likes of "souther kiwi' and 'e. scrooge' - well known ****tards, it's true,
but ****tards receiving only luke warm opposition from others at the
time...

Anyway, it's clearly illegal to say "unlimited internet" and then say you
are "abusing it" if you use 10gigs - far less than "unlimited".

"unlimited internet' is not the same as 'unlimited access to our
transparent web cache and nothing else" either.

--

.... Brendan

#424487 +(3861)- [X]

JstWnnaHveFuN08: do you think i should call a guy friend and talk to him
about my problems? or will he not care?
Thilo: Here's how it works: if a guy helps you with your problems, you're
obligated to give him a blowjob.
JstWnnaHveFuN08: lol thanks that cheered me up
Thilo: No problem. That'll be one blowjob please.

Note: All my comments are copyright 6/02/2008 12:29:33 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.