Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Vista SP1 "wave 0" on Monday?

Vista SP1 "wave 0" on Monday?

Carlos

Are we that close?
http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=505
Carlos

Charlie Russel - MVP

somehow, I doubt it.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Are we that close?
> http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=505
> Carlos

Colin Barnhorst

Maybe, but any time after Patch Tuesday in February makes more sense to me.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Are we that close?
> http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=505
> Carlos

Carlos

And "Patch Tuesday" is usually the second Tuesday of the month.
That takes us to Feb 12th, which fits perfectly inside my "blackout &
unplugged" 2 week period that my wife calls "vacations".
I am leaving on Feb 9th and I guess I will have to wait till late February
in order to enjoy the pleasure and excitement of SP1.

Carlos

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> Maybe, but any time after Patch Tuesday in February makes more sense to me.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Are we that close?
> > http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=505
> > Carlos

Tom Lake

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Are we that close?
> http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=505
> Carlos

That's the RTM date. Remember, it may be weeks after RTM that it's
available to the public.
It takes time to create a master and dup the CDs and they may not want to
make the file
available for download before the CDs are ready.

Tom Lake

Colin Barnhorst

I think the real reason Charlie is waiting for Patch Tuesday is that the
release of SP1 will most likely be coordinated with the launch of WS2008.
That way both will be available by Patch Tuesday in March. Since they share
core files patching needs to be coordinated.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...