Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > SSL Problems

SSL Problems

Kevin Blakeley

Here is my scenario and I know I can't be the only one with this problem. I
have create a user control that has encapsulated my navigational system. As
a snippet my code looks something like this:

Tour.NavigateUrl = "~/Tour/Start.aspx" ;
Office.NavigateUrl = "~/Office/Start.aspx" ;
TellFriend.NavigateUrl = "~/Tellfriend.aspx" ;
LeaderBrd.NavigateUrl = "~/LeaderBoard.aspx" ;
Training.NavigateUrl = "~/Training/Start.aspx" ;

So far this has been working until I put this control on a page that has
SSL. Well now, since the paths are all relative, when a user navigates off
of the ssl page using the usercontrol, all the other pages are connected to
using SSL.

So I figure I could easily check the request object which tells me if we are
dealing with a secure connection, and output the URLs with the fully
qualified URL (example: http://www.mysite.com/tour/start.aspx). Then I ran
into a new problem, this won't work when we are running locally and
debugging as I want to be able to use the navigational system when we are
running locally

The obvious solution would be to check to see if we are working locally and
output the URL that way, but there has to be an easier way to do all of
this.

Any ideas?
Kevin Blakeley