Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > asp.net versions

asp.net versions

Subsonic

I have installed asp.net version 1.1 on my home machine, and when
tried to copy a project to my ISP's server from VStudio using the
\project\copy project menu I am told that my ISP does not have the
same version of asp.net that I do, and that I should update the
server.

Is there a way to make projects compatible with what I assume is
asp.net 1.0 without reinstalling software?

Thanks for your replies.

dave wanta

If you are using VS.NET 2003, and if you have 1.0 installed on your machine,
you can set the references back to 1.0.

Its a pain, but it should work.

Cheers!
Dave
www.aspNetEmail.com

"Subsonic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have installed asp.net version 1.1 on my home machine, and when
> tried to copy a project to my ISP's server from VStudio using the
> \project\copy project menu I am told that my ISP does not have the
> same version of asp.net that I do, and that I should update the
> server.
>
> Is there a way to make projects compatible with what I assume is
> asp.net 1.0 without reinstalling software?
>
> Thanks for your replies.

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Just to add to what Dave said, there's a free utility here that might help you
with that:

ASP.NET Version Switcher 1.0

"The ASP.NET Version Switcher is a little utility that can be used to quickly
switch the .NET Framework version that the ASPX pages are compiled against.
This is helpful for developers who often have to test their web applications
for compatibility with different version of the .NET Framework. "

http://www.denisbauer.com/

Ken

"Subsonic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I have installed asp.net version 1.1 on my home machine, and when
tried to copy a project to my ISP's server from VStudio using the
\project\copy project menu I am told that my ISP does not have the
same version of asp.net that I do, and that I should update the
server.

Is there a way to make projects compatible with what I assume is
asp.net 1.0 without reinstalling software?

Thanks for your replies.

dave wanta

Wow, that rocks.

Just added it to 123aspx.com.

Cheers!
Dave
www.aspNetEmail.com

"Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just to add to what Dave said, there's a free utility here that might help

you
> with that:
>
> ASP.NET Version Switcher 1.0
>
> "The ASP.NET Version Switcher is a little utility that can be used to

quickly
> switch the .NET Framework version that the ASPX pages are compiled

against.
> This is helpful for developers who often have to test their web

applications
> for compatibility with different version of the .NET Framework. "
>
> http://www.denisbauer.com/
>
> Ken
>
> "Subsonic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have installed asp.net version 1.1 on my home machine, and when
> tried to copy a project to my ISP's server from VStudio using the
> \project\copy project menu I am told that my ISP does not have the
> same version of asp.net that I do, and that I should update the
> server.
>
> Is there a way to make projects compatible with what I assume is
> asp.net 1.0 without reinstalling software?
>
> Thanks for your replies.

Subsonic

On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 20:22:28 -0500, Subsonic <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have installed asp.net version 1.1 on my home machine, and when
>tried to copy a project to my ISP's server from VStudio using the
>\project\copy project menu I am told that my ISP does not have the
>same version of asp.net that I do, and that I should update the
>server.
>
>Is there a way to make projects compatible with what I assume is
>asp.net 1.0 without reinstalling software?
>
>Thanks for your replies.

Thanks guys, works like a charm. After suffering through several
nights of UNC errors and installing, unistalling, reinstalling, (sigh)
its great to have something work so easily.

Much appreciated.