Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Internet security renewal

Internet security renewal

Byron

The big problem I'm having with Norton at the moment is staying with it,
which all things considered I'm happy to do. I'm told I have to renew my
free subscription, but whenever I try I'm told, "This file is too large to
open using AOL. Please open this file using another application." What
should my next step be?

Jason Gurtz

Byron wrote:
> What should my next step be?

Get something other than norton.

You know what it is really funny? I had an invite several weeks ago to
attend a joint Symantec/Intel webinar for OEMs/resellers. That's not so
funny until you consider the topic du jour, "FYI: The new version of
Norton AV now uses less RAM and CPU cycles." LOL, trying to shore up
the customer base that's been running for the hills for how many years.

And yea, even if this low resource usage is really true, you're about a
decade too late Symantec!

~JasonG

Theo

Considering that Norton is published by Symantec, I would
contact them and ask them.

Do you really think this is related to Win XP x64 or Vista x64?