Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ANN: Abderaware's SNPP for .NET

ANN: Abderaware's SNPP for .NET

Zane Thomas

I hope those of you who have seen this previously will accept my apology for
reposting it. Despite the fact that similar annoucements are posted without
problems someone at MS has cancelled mine alone and so I'm reposted by way
of a server MS does not have control over. I have always tried to post new
product annoucements into appropriate forums only, and only once. So
here, for the last time (really!), is a simple short annoucement:

Abderaware's SNPP for .Net (www.abderaware.com) provides a comprehensive
implementation of the Simple Network Paging Protocol. Using SNPP.Net you can
handle most programming tasks that requires sending messages to pager
devices through a network.

Among the many features supported by SNPP.Net are the following:

* Overloaded constructors make it easy to create and send messages to any
SNPP host.

* Fully object orientated class hierarchy making it easy to manipulate and
send messages.

* Asynchronous methods are available for background-sends of large messages
or slow hosts.

* Support for Windows 98/ME/NT4/2000/XP.

* Automatic protocol selection with built-in fallback to a lower protocol
for older hosts.

* Both blocking and non-blocking (asynchronous) methods are supported
wherever appropriate.

* Complete source code is available.

Carlos Perez

Zane,

There is an specific ng for posting adv. That would be a
better place where to post your advs. If everybody starts
posting advs in here this will soon became a useless ng.

Thanks for your understanding,

Carlos

Charles Goren

He's a well-known newsgroup spammer. Never pays for his
ads, just uses space here. Stay away from his stuff.

Charles Goren

You don't care about whether the newsgroup becomes useless
because of advertising. Like the breast enlargement
spammers, all you care is that your spam ads drive traffic
to your site.

Show us one other legitimate component vendor who
regularly advertises in this newsgroup. You won't because
they are not leeches on the community goodwill.

Zane Thomas [.NET/C# MVP]

Charles,

>You don't care about whether the newsgroup becomes useless
>because of advertising.

Your rants about my annoucement already have done more to make the newsgroup
less useful than my on-topic annoucement did.

>Like the breast enlargement spammers, all you care is that your spam
>ads drive traffic to your site.

You are operating under the common (among newbies) assertion that all
advertisements and annoucements (ie anything not a question, answer, or
discussion) constitute spam. That is not true and your refering to me as a
spammer is therefore not true. Moreover you use the label in a knowingly
negative way in order to attempt to tell me what to do and where - it's not
going to work.

>Show us one other legitimate component vendor who
>regularly advertises in this newsgroup.

Show me any vendor who regularly advertises on this newsgroup or _any_ of the
ms.dotnet newsgroups.

>You won't because
>they are not leeches on the community goodwill.

You apparently think that community only includes those members who have the
same goals and requirements as you. That's not the case and the fact that
people visit, download, and buy components after learning about them
demonstrates to me that annoucements are appreciated. You may not appreciate
them, that's fine by me, but do not presume to speak for the entire Community.

BTW - I've been helping first on CIS and then on devx and newsgroups for at
least 10 years. And I've written articles and books too. So it is incorrect
for you to refer to me as someone who takes and does not give (leech).

--
Abderaware
Fine Components For .NET

Zane Thomas [.NET/C# MVP]

Charles,

I see you are unwilling to discuss this reasonably, prefering instead
emotionalism and small-minded personal attacks. Tell you what: You mind your
business and I'll mind mine.

Insert last word where:

--
Abderaware
Fine Components For .NET

SNPP proxy rmanohar@aol.com Perl Misc 3 01-25-2007 06:40 AM
SNPP messages xzzy ASP .Net Mobile 2 07-20-2004 03:41 PM
ANN: Abderaware's SNPP for .NET Zane Thomas [.NET/C# MVP] ASP .Net 0 07-02-2003 04:23 AM
ANN: Abderaware's SNPP for .NET Zane Thomas [.NET/C# MVP] ASP .Net 0 06-30-2003 10:05 PM

Advertisments