Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > this Canon becomes a junk

this Canon becomes a junk

John91

Got a Canon SD450 a year ago, worked ok until a problem started lately.
After turned on, the zoom lens comes out normally. But the camera does not
work, LCD screen is dark. Press "shoot", and it sounds and flashes, but LCD
is still dark (later we can found it got a totally dark picture). Switch to
Display mode, everything is ok with menu stuff.

If I keep clicking DISP button for many many times, the camera may come
back. Then if I turn it off and back on within a moment, the camera is up
right away. However when turned on after it is off for over half an hour,
the problem comes back.

Guess some component in the camera failed. Could be an expensive fix? Please
advise. Thanks.
John