Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Closing ServletInputStream

Closing ServletInputStream

adblock

Hi,

Is it necessary to close the InputStream, which was getted by call of
method ServletRequest.getInputStream() ?

Crouchez

"adblock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Is it necessary to close the InputStream, which was getted by call of
> method ServletRequest.getInputStream() ?

no, the server should deal with it

Crouchez

"Crouchez" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:yk9oj.15190$(E-Mail Removed). uk...

> "adblock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is it necessary to close the InputStream, which was getted by call of
> > method ServletRequest.getInputStream() ?

> no, the server should deal with it

hang on a minute that's too concise lol. usually on here you need to write
about 4 paragraphs

Lew

Crouchez wrote:
> no, the server should deal with it
>
> hang on a minute that's too concise lol.

But absolutely correct.

--
Lew
An ingenue approached the infamously laconic Calvin Coolidge and gushed,

adblock

> no, the server should deal with it

ok.. but.. why?

On 31 , 04:17, "Crouchez" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "adblock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > Hi,

> > Is it necessary to close the InputStream, which was getted by call of
> > method ServletRequest.getInputStream() ?

> no, the server should deal with it

EJP

adblock wrote:
>> no, the server should deal with it

> ok.. but.. why?

Because, err, that's what it's supposed to do. It has to close the
socket some time ...

Crouchez

"adblock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> no, the server should deal with it

ok.. but.. why?

On 31 , 04:17, "Crouchez" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "adblock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > Hi,

> > Is it necessary to close the InputStream, which was getted by call of
> > method ServletRequest.getInputStream() ?

> no, the server should deal with it

because the server deals with the sockets and keep-alive connections etc.

Lew

"adblock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote...
>> no, the server should deal with it

> ok.. but.. why?
>
> On 31 ���, 04:17, "Crouchez" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> "adblock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> Is it necessary to close the InputStream, which was getted by call of
>>> method ServletRequest.getInputStream() ?

>> no, the server should deal with it

adblock, your quoting style is hard to follow. Just trim the post to which
you are replying and insert your comments - no need to requote the quoted part
again.

Crouchez wrote:
> because the server deals with the sockets and keep-alive connections etc.

and so that the programmer doesn't have to. To flip your question about,
adblock, why would you NOT let the server close it for you?

--
Lew