Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Open another .aspx page

Open another .aspx page

id10t error

Hello,

I have a login that will be the first page the user sees. Once the
user type in the username and password and click on the login button I
want to close the login.aspx page and goto the Menu.aspx page. How do
i do this. I am using vb.net. Thank you in advance for your help.

Eliyahu Goldin

If you are with asp.net 2.0 or greater, look at the Login control. It can
handle many if not all of your login needs. Property DestinationPageUrl
specifies where to proceed on successful login.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer

"id10t error" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I have a login that will be the first page the user sees. Once the
> user type in the username and password and click on the login button I
> want to close the login.aspx page and goto the Menu.aspx page. How do
> i do this. I am using vb.net. Thank you in advance for your help.

Aidy

Response.Redirect ("Menu.aspx")

"id10t error" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I have a login that will be the first page the user sees. Once the
> user type in the username and password and click on the login button I
> want to close the login.aspx page and goto the Menu.aspx page. How do
> i do this. I am using vb.net. Thank you in advance for your help.

id10t error

On Jan 30, 10:22*am, "Eliyahu Goldin"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> If you are with asp.net 2.0 or greater, look at the Login control. It can
> handle many if not all of your login needs. Property DestinationPageUrl
> specifies where to proceed on successful login.
>
> --
> Eliyahu Goldin,
> Software Developer
> Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]http://msmvps.com/blogs/egoldinhttp://usableasp.net
>
> "id10t error" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> > Hello,

> > I have a login that will be the first page the user sees. Once the
> > user type in the username and password and click on the login button I
> > want to close the login.aspx page and goto the Menu.aspx page. How do
> > i do this. I am using vb.net. Thank you in advance for your help.- Hide quoted text -

Thank you for your help Aidy.

Eliyahu,

I did look at the login control. It had alot more information then i
needed. Plus I was not sure how to make it look at a database file to
match the username and password. Once I get more time I will look at
this control but it was easy enough to make on myself with a few
textboxes. I am not going to let the user change there password.