Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > SAVE HD-DVD Almost 32,000 signed and counting.

SAVE HD-DVD Almost 32,000 signed and counting.

godslabrat@gmail.com

On Jan 30, 4:02*pm, Derek Janssen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> One Wired columnist, however, has now gone public with the National
> Metaphor for Toshiba/HD's current state:http://blog.wired.com/business/2008/...d-dvd-its.html

Yeah, but, to be fair, the knight didn't have a tiny clique of early
adopters standing behind it, saying "Well, if we give away sixteen
free movies, and sell players for $43, and start an ad campaign to
tell people that the PS3 is a terrorist weapon and Sony wants to rape
your dog... well then people will HAVE to see the light! All HD-DVD
has to do is hold out for six months, and the tide will turn! The
studios won't be able to afford not supporting a format that basically
can't even be given away!"

--

Aaron J. Bossig

http://www.GodsLabRat.com

Jim

"Mark Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Robb wrote:
>> http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_pe...ed.cgi?SAVEHDD
>>
>> Almost 32,000 signatures. Really quite alot more than I expected.
>>
>> I signed it what the hell, competition is good and we need it.
>> I'm all for multi formats.

> You save it by buying the players and discs, not by signing some
> stupid petition.

Just think if everyone who signed it went out and bought a player. Or even a
couple of movies.
THEN they might be making some noise.

Doug Jacobs

In alt.video.dvd Jim <jimmy AT hotmail.com> wrote:

> Just think if everyone who signed it went out and bought a player. Or even a
> couple of movies.
> THEN they might be making some noise.

I'm guessing most of those 30+ thousand already own a HD-DVD player - and
many probably also own a blu-ray player as well.

Besides which, if 30,000 sales worldwide was going to make that big of a
difference, then the format/product is already a failure.

--
It's not broken. It's...advanced.

Lyrik

Den 31.01.2008 kl. 14:40 skrev <(E-Mail Removed)>:

> On Jan 30, 4:02*pm, Derek Janssen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> One Wired columnist, however, has now gone public with the National
>> Metaphor for Toshiba/HD's current
>> state:http://blog.wired.com/business/2008/...d-dvd-its.html

> Yeah, but, to be fair, the knight didn't have a tiny clique of early
> adopters standing behind it, saying "Well, if we give away sixteen
> free movies, and sell players for $43, and start an ad campaign to
> tell people that the PS3 is a terrorist weapon and Sony wants to rape
> your dog... well then people will HAVE to see the light! All HD-DVD
> has to do is hold out for six months, and the tide will turn! The
> studios won't be able to afford not supporting a format that basically

Or maybe consumers are not on a holy crusade for Blu-Ray? Maybe they will
just go for the best bargain? Allthough it is not Blu-Ray!?
--
Greetings from Jens "Lyrik" Bech.

Derek Janssen

Lyrik wrote:

> Den 31.01.2008 kl. 14:40 skrev <(E-Mail Removed)>:
>
>> On Jan 30, 4:02 pm, Derek Janssen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>> One Wired columnist, however, has now gone public with the National
>>> Metaphor for Toshiba/HD's current
>>> state:http://blog.wired.com/business/2008/...d-dvd-its.html

>> Yeah, but, to be fair, the knight didn't have a tiny clique of early
>> adopters standing behind it, saying "Well, if we give away sixteen
>> free movies, and sell players for $43, and start an ad campaign to
>> tell people that the PS3 is a terrorist weapon and Sony wants to rape
>> your dog... well then people will HAVE to see the light! All HD-DVD
>> has to do is hold out for six months, and the tide will turn! The
>> studios won't be able to afford not supporting a format that basically

"I'm INVINCIBLE!"
"You're a looney..."

> Or maybe consumers are not on a holy crusade for Blu-Ray? Maybe they
> will just go for the best bargain?

(...He don't KNOW us very well, DO he?)

Derek Janssen (I've seen holy crusades, and Blu's frightens even me)

Jim

"Doug Jacobs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In alt.video.dvd Jim <jimmy AT hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Just think if everyone who signed it went out and bought a player. Or
>> even a
>> couple of movies.
>> THEN they might be making some noise.

> I'm guessing most of those 30+ thousand already own a HD-DVD player - and
> many probably also own a blu-ray player as well.
>
> Besides which, if 30,000 sales worldwide was going to make that big of a
> difference, then the format/product is already a failure.

Bought 2 players, 4 movies and signed their name twice....??