Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > IE7 on XP x64 still only english version installable ?!

Reply
Thread Tools

IE7 on XP x64 still only english version installable ?!

 
 
Juergen Kluth
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-29-2008
just to say , i seem still to be in "unfinished symphony", "labor rat"
or whatever you think
So far to my 130Euro Windows XP x64 for "Professionals"

With all respect:
The WEula schould include : "t


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Juergen Kluth
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-29-2008
sorry i hit the wrong keys

The MSFT Eula should include: "this product may never be finished"

regards


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Stefan Pendl
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-30-2008
On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 00:50:00 +0100, "Juergen Kluth"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>sorry i hit the wrong keys
>
>The MSFT Eula should include: "this product may never be finished"
>


Windows XP x64 is only available in English, you will have to install
a MUI pack to get localized dialogs.
I have 20 computers running WinXP x64 with the German MUI, the only
application which refuses to turn to German is Media Player 11, IE7 is
German on all machines.

---
Stefan Pendl
 
Reply With Quote
 
Juergen Kluth
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-30-2008
HI,
do the machines run 32 or 64 bit version of IE7 ?
i tried it with x64 version.
regards jk


 
Reply With Quote
 
Carlos
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-30-2008
Juergen,
Is this what you are looking for?
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
Carlos

"Juergen Kluth" wrote:

> just to say , i seem still to be in "unfinished symphony", "labor rat"
> or whatever you think
> So far to my 130Euro Windows XP x64 for "Professionals"
>
> With all respect:
> The WEula schould include : "t
>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Theo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-30-2008
Or here for IE7 in 24 different flavors:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...worldwide.mspx

Almost as good as Baskin Robins!!



Carlos wrote:
> Juergen,
> Is this what you are looking for?
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
> Carlos
>
> "Juergen Kluth" wrote:
>
>> just to say , i seem still to be in "unfinished symphony", "labor rat"
>> or whatever you think
>> So far to my 130Euro Windows XP x64 for "Professionals"
>>
>> With all respect:
>> The WEula schould include : "t
>>
>>
>>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Juergen Kluth
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-30-2008
Hi Carlos,
yes, may help.

I am just figuring out weather there in a certification course in
"downloading appropriate IE7 version after detecting the web based
suggestion may fail"

)

jk


 
Reply With Quote
 
Carlos
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-30-2008
Thanks, Theo.
From what I recall of my "old" XP x64 days, that link would finally lead me
to the English version in spite of selecting "Latin America" or "Spain".
That's why I ended up with the MUI thing.
I'm on Vista x64 now, no turning back.

Carlos

"Theo" wrote:

> Or here for IE7 in 24 different flavors:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...worldwide.mspx
>
> Almost as good as Baskin Robins!!
>
>
>
> Carlos wrote:
> > Juergen,
> > Is this what you are looking for?
> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
> > Carlos
> >
> > "Juergen Kluth" wrote:
> >
> >> just to say , i seem still to be in "unfinished symphony", "labor rat"
> >> or whatever you think
> >> So far to my 130Euro Windows XP x64 for "Professionals"
> >>
> >> With all respect:
> >> The WEula schould include : "t
> >>
> >>
> >>

>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Stefan Pendl
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-30-2008
On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 15:19:39 +0100, "Juergen Kluth"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>HI,
>do the machines run 32 or 64 bit version of IE7 ?
>i tried it with x64 version.
>regards jk
>


They run both, 32 and 64 bit IE7, but due to missing 64 bit plugins,
the 32 bit version is preferred.

I downloaded and installed the German MUI Pack for Windows Media
Player 11 today, now all M$ applications have a German UI.

You will have to install the Windows XP x64 MUI Pack for your language
before you will be able to install any additional MUI Packs.

---
Stefan Pendl
 
Reply With Quote
 
Carlos
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-30-2008
Stefan,
Last but not least, you also have MUI pack after applying SP2 to XP x64
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
Carlos

"Stefan Pendl" wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 15:19:39 +0100, "Juergen Kluth"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >HI,
> >do the machines run 32 or 64 bit version of IE7 ?
> >i tried it with x64 version.
> >regards jk
> >

>
> They run both, 32 and 64 bit IE7, but due to missing 64 bit plugins,
> the 32 bit version is preferred.
>
> I downloaded and installed the German MUI Pack for Windows Media
> Player 11 today, now all M$ applications have a German UI.
>
> You will have to install the Windows XP x64 MUI Pack for your language
> before you will be able to install any additional MUI Packs.
>
> ---
> Stefan Pendl
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why comes J2EE v5 only with an installer? Is v5 portable/installable on an USB stick ? Jason Stacy Java 2 04-11-2008 11:30 PM
Re: Where to get stand alone Dot Net Framework version 1.1, version2.0, version 3.0, version 3.5, version 2.0 SP1, version 3.0 SP1 ? MowGreen [MVP] ASP .Net 5 02-09-2008 01:55 AM
Re: Where to get stand alone Dot Net Framework version 1.1, version 2.0, version 3.0, version 3.5, version 2.0 SP1, version 3.0 SP1 ? PA Bear [MS MVP] ASP .Net 0 02-05-2008 03:28 AM
Re: Where to get stand alone Dot Net Framework version 1.1, version 2.0, version 3.0, version 3.5, version 2.0 SP1, version 3.0 SP1 ? V Green ASP .Net 0 02-05-2008 02:45 AM
English/English DLL =?Utf-8?B?UmFlZCBTYXdhbGhh?= ASP .Net 2 10-16-2005 10:32 AM



Advertisments