Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Roaming Profiles

Roaming Profiles

Tripp_v1.0

I am an IT Tech for a small company and I use Roaming Profiles for our users.
Some of them travel alot and are using laptops with wireless LAN connections.
However, if the laptop is using the wireless connection instead of hard
wiring, the user's information does not get stored to the server when he/she
logs off because of course the wireless card shuts off when the computer
powers down. I would like to find out if there is a solution to this, short
of using hardwire, to where the laptop will save and store everything if the
user logs off. Or at least a way to set up the users so that the computer
automatically stores all the info onto the server before initiating the shut
down process. Any ideas would be much appreciated.