Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > N1 Vison help

N1 Vison help

stockportrico

Hi guys,

I am struggling like mad here I have just bought the new router N1 VISION
which looks nice and smooth part number F5D8232uk4 I have updated all the
firmware and I have got all my wirelss connections working fine how ever when
I try to go wired with my base unit it does not reconise the connection you
can see it on the display sometimes theres a flash of a computer on the
screen but 95% of the time the icon for my computer is not there when I plug
my old netgear in the computer it reconises the router and i can connect to
the internet with the netgear router on my base unit

I have took 1 router back to the place that I got it then I got another
router and this still does the same thing I have contacted belkin they said
get the ethenet cable from my computer and plug it in to number 1 on the port
and number 4 this makes my icon show up without going so it shows an
connection to my wired connection but when i plug it back in to the computer
it shows no connection belkin replied it must be your network card

how can this be when i have changed the card and I have also plugged it in
to the onboard network card and I have changed the rj45 cables

how can this router work on a netgear router but not a belkin

any help would be appreciated

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
If the wired computer is configured with a static IP (or for some other
reason) maintain an IP that is Not of the subnet that is used by the Belkin
than it can not connect coz it is like it on another Network.
As an example 192.168.1.x would not connect to 192.168.2.x.
This page might help you to find the cause of the problem,
http://www.ezlan.net/debug.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"stockportrico" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi guys,
>
> I am struggling like mad here I have just bought the new router N1 VISION
> which looks nice and smooth part number F5D8232uk4 I have updated all the
> firmware and I have got all my wirelss connections working fine how ever
> when
> I try to go wired with my base unit it does not reconise the connection
> you
> can see it on the display sometimes theres a flash of a computer on the
> screen but 95% of the time the icon for my computer is not there when I
> plug
> my old netgear in the computer it reconises the router and i can connect
> the internet with the netgear router on my base unit
>
> I have took 1 router back to the place that I got it then I got another
> router and this still does the same thing I have contacted belkin they
> said
> get the ethenet cable from my computer and plug it in to number 1 on the
> port
> and number 4 this makes my icon show up without going so it shows an
> connection to my wired connection but when i plug it back in to the
> computer
> it shows no connection belkin replied it must be your network card
>
> how can this be when i have changed the card and I have also plugged it in
> to the onboard network card and I have changed the rj45 cables
>
> how can this router work on a netgear router but not a belkin
>
> any help would be appreciated

stockportrico

I dont know whats goin on but now i am on the internet with my Netgear router
which belkin say my network card is faulty umm (customer support know nothing
lol) any help still would be good