Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Enclosing streaming video in a web page

Enclosing streaming video in a web page

CptDondo

I am using motion <http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/Motion/WebHome>
to monitor a couple of cameras. Motion provides a vrey basic mjpeg
stream via http.

AFAICT it sends http headers followed by jpeg images divided by

How do I go about encapsulating this stream and displaying it on a
website?

Thanks,

--Yan

David Dorward

CptDondo wrote:
> AFAICT it sends http headers followed by jpeg images divided by
>
> How do I go about encapsulating this stream and displaying it on a
> website?

Using an img element should do the trick in browsers which support this
style of server push (Firefox, Safari and Opera do, Internet Explorer does
not).

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/