Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > alternative TELEZOOM for canon

alternative TELEZOOM for canon

pablo3style

hiya!!

just trying to change my lenses for something longer, sharper, and
better in my situation the most important is image quality ,
second is AF speed because i'm taking sports photos, last one is
lightness because i'm usually have enough sun around.

i found to lenses but i'm not sure if i can compeer it

canon EF 28/300/3.5-5.6 L IS USM

or

canon EF 100-400/4.5.-5.6 L IS USM

i'm not sure if i have got some other alternative, everywhere i can
find that for exampel 70-200/2.8 L with X2Converter giving worst
quality - is it true???

pablo3style

www.photo.net/photos/pablo3style

JimKramer

On Jan 29, 8:39 am, pablo3style <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> hiya!!
>
> just trying to change my lenses for something longer, sharper, and
> better in my situation the most important is image quality ,
> second is AF speed because i'm taking sports photos, last one is
> lightness because i'm usually have enough sun around.
>
> i found to lenses but i'm not sure if i can compeer it
>
> canon EF 28/300/3.5-5.6 L IS USM
>
> or
>
> canon EF 100-400/4.5.-5.6 L IS USM
>
> i'm not sure if i have got some other alternative, everywhere i can
> find that for exampel 70-200/2.8 L with X2Converter giving worst
> quality - is it true???
>
> pablo3style
>
> www.photo.net/photos/pablo3style

I've not used the 28-300. The 100-400 is a solid performer from 100 to
about 370, after that it tends to get soft. If you are pushing to 400
all the time get the fixed focal length 400. The 70-200 F2.8 IS is
fine with a 1.4X Teleconverter on it, but suffers with a 2X on it,
what lenses don't. For the money and after looking at your
website, I think the 100-400 is your best bet for the money. If you
can find a lens rental location and try them out first.
Jim

pablo3style

I think the 100-400 is your best bet for the money. If you
> can find a lens rental location and try them out first.

Jim many thanks for info - i will do it - i will test and chose
later ...

just checked aboute converter x1.4 and quality in tests is OK

so maybe somebody can tell which of this lenses has best optical
quality?

70-200/2.8 L USM

70-200/4.0 L USM

70-200/2.8 L IS USM

70-200/4.0 L IS USM

the lightness is not the most important so what are your's
sugestion ??