Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Application_Start not firing at all

Application_Start not firing at all

Adrian

I have an ASP.NET application that runs fine when I run it in the Visual
Studio debug environment.

However, if I "rebuild all" then attempt to browse to the site outside of
the debugger (using IE 6.0), the site throws an exception. The exception is
thrown in the session_start function where it is accessing application
variables. My troubleshooting to date seems to indicate that the application
variables don't exist which is why the exception is being thrown.

How can the session be starting without an application? This seems so
absolutely impossible to me and yet everything about the problem indicates
that is what is happening.

Has anyone got any info on this kind of a problem?

Any help or discussion would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Adrian