Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Block access between 2 pcs hm wifi

Block access between 2 pcs hm wifi

Lenard

I am setting up and home wifi wireless network with 2 systems using my ISP's
wireless/LAN modem that I have an account with. The other pc is being added
on but I do not want the other pc to access my pc on running XP.

How do you prevent this from occuring?
Thank you

Pavel A.

"Lenard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am setting up and home wifi wireless network with 2 systems using my ISP's
> wireless/LAN modem that I have an account with. The other pc is being added
> on but I do not want the other pc to access my pc on running XP.
>
> How do you prevent this from occuring?
> Thank you

Choose a wi-fi router model that supports this feature (sometimes called "client isolation").

--PA

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
You can use the computer's Firewall settings to block local traffic.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Lenard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am setting up and home wifi wireless network with 2 systems using my
>ISP's
> wireless/LAN modem that I have an account with. The other pc is being
> added
> on but I do not want the other pc to access my pc on running XP.
>
> How do you prevent this from occuring?
> Thank you

ANOman ANOman is offline
Junior Member

Go to you control panel - administrative tools - computer management - shared folders - shares - "right_click" c$ and stop sharing. Do the same for ADMIN$ and IPC$.