Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > How to hook up laptop up to tv

How to hook up laptop up to tv

The Webbers Hilltop Cycle ATV

What kind of cable do I need to hook my laptop up to my television ? I
would like to watch instant movies from Netflicks and view them on my
television screen.
I would be hooking it up through a dvd player with rca plugs.
Thanks,
Raz

Jeff Strickland

The cable you need depends on the plugs on the computer and the plugs on the
TV set. Since you said you have RCA, then that is the cable you will need.
Depending on your system, you may find that you have to connect the computer
to the INPUT side of your VCR, then pipe the NetFlix download through that
device to the TV set. If you have RCA jhacks on the TV, then you can do a
direct connection.

YEL = Video
RED = Audio
WHT = Audio