Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > new invokes VirtualAlloc

new invokes VirtualAlloc

George2

Hello everyone,

On Windows, when we allocate large amount of memory, new will call
VirtualAlloc directly, other than call HeapAlloc then through
HeapAlloc call VirtualAlloc indirectly?

Anyone to clarify this?

thanks in advance,
George

spaglia

On Jan 27, 7:00*pm, George2 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> On Windows, when we allocate large amount of memory, new will call
> VirtualAlloc directly, other than call HeapAlloc then through
> HeapAlloc call VirtualAlloc indirectly?
>
> Anyone to clarify this?
>
> thanks in advance,
> George

It's hard to find a question in your post but I think what you are
asking about is implementation specific behavior. In other words,
compiler/library specific. Why do you need to know? Performance?
Failure?

new and VirtualAlloc George2 C++ 3 01-13-2008 08:21 PM
works in shell but invokes memory error in browser Oliver Bleckmann C++ 4 12-01-2006 01:39 PM
A java class invokes a JSP? Mich Java 5 11-02-2006 03:59 AM
Bug? Parametrized constructor invokes default constructor mario.rossi@REMOVETHISTOMAILMENOT.com C++ 4 10-12-2006 07:59 PM
Creating ANT task which invokes target with dynamic properties Don Java 0 10-20-2003 07:45 PM

Advertisments