Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Flash Player

Flash Player

B'razeer Boobar

I cannot download Flash via my dial-up and, frankly, I don't want
Flash. But when I download a page that has Flash, it taks extremely
long.

Is there a way to direct my software to not try to download the
Flash????

I have Windows XP Home and IE.

wisdomkiller & pain

B'razeer Boobar wrote:

> I cannot download Flash via my dial-up and, frankly, I don't want
> Flash. But when I download a page that has Flash, it taks extremely
> long.
>
> Is there a way to direct my software to not try to download the
> Flash????
>
> I have Windows XP Home and IE.

My condolescence for dialup and IE. Use firefox with the noscripts and
flashblock plugins.
Then, firefox is another download, you have to bite the bullet.

Robis

"B'razeer Boobar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I cannot download Flash via my dial-up and, frankly, I don't want
> Flash. But when I download a page that has Flash, it taks extremely
> long.
>
> Is there a way to direct my software to not try to download the
> Flash????
>
> I have Windows XP Home and IE.

Doesn't it prompt you before anything else to download flush loo plug in?
Just say no?
If its already there you can go into objects and delete it from there I
think.
Internet options, general, settings, view objects.
Or it may be installed like a program (seems to be in vista) so go into
control panel, installed programs instead.