Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > How to get Cell ID from J2ME location API, on modern phones!

How to get Cell ID from J2ME location API, on modern phones!

mihailsmilev@gmail.com

Hi all, I wanted to know how to get the Cell ID using the J2ME
location API? I have found so much sites on the net bu they're all
since 2005 or 2003, and none of them contains a clear example (or even
basic idea) how to take the Cell ID. What I've tryed:

set the Criteria power management to low, so it doesn't search for
bluetooth. Everything else I've left as it is (now limits). It stops
the app for 60 secs (that's what I've set) and then it pops exception
- LocationException, which means it can't find info or timeout. I've
tested with longer times - same result. I'm sure the operator supports
it and the phone supports it (N73).

Please give an idea, please!

Thanks in advance...

mihailsmilev@gmail.com

Bump ... please, help

mihailsmilev@gmail.com

Bump ....

Gordon Beaton

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 13:10:17 -0800 (PST), http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Bump ....

This is Usenet, not some web chat. You'll get a reply when you get
one. If not, rephrase your question and add some *information*,
instead of this inane "bump".

/gordon

arormoser

Did you find the way to get the Cell ID from Java?
On Jan 27, 7:06*pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi all, I wanted to know how to get the Cell ID using the J2ME
> location API? I have found so much sites on the net bu they're all
> since 2005 or 2003, and none of them contains a clear example (or even
> basic idea) how to take the Cell ID. What I've tryed:
>
> set the Criteria power management to low, so it doesn't search for
> bluetooth. Everything else I've left as it is (now limits). It stops
> the app for 60 secs (that's what I've set) and then it pops exception
> - LocationException, which means it can't find info or timeout. I've
> tested with longer times - same result. I'm sure the operator supports
> it and the phone supports it (N73).
>
> Please give an idea, please!
>
> Thanks in advance...

Daniel Pitts

Gordon Beaton wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 13:10:17 -0800 (PST), (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Bump ....

> This is Usenet, not some web chat. You'll get a reply when you get
> one. If not, rephrase your question and add some *information*,
> instead of this inane "bump".
>
> /gordon
>
> --

Not to mention that all I saw from this thread is "bump" and beyond. I
haven't downloaded enough previous headers to see the original message.