Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > No certificate

No certificate

Christopher Stott

I'm new to the I..T. world, and am currently working on my MCDST. But when I
passed 70-271 I didn't get any certificate. Does that exam even have a
qualification attached to it?

--
Chris
Wirral, UK

Montreal MCT

Hi Christopher,

If 70-271 was the first exam that you passed (congratulations by the way!)
then you become a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), and should receive
a certificate for that, which will come as part of your Welcome Kit. In
order to receive that you must request it so that you can confirm your
mailing address, and that is within the private MCP site, which you should
have received access to.

Good luck going forward!

Mitch Garvis, MCT
http://blog.mitchgarvis.com

"Christopher Stott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm new to the I..T. world, and am currently working on my MCDST. But when
> I passed 70-271 I didn't get any certificate. Does that exam even have a
> qualification attached to it?
>
> --
> Chris
> Wirral, UK

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

"Montreal MCT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi Christopher,
>
> If 70-271 was the first exam that you passed (congratulations by the way!)
> then you become a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), and should receive
> a certificate for that, which will come as part of your Welcome Kit. In
> order to receive that you must request it so that you can confirm your
> mailing address, and that is within the private MCP site, which you should
> have received access to.
>
> Good luck going forward!

> Mitch Garvis, MCT
> Microsoft MVP: Windows Server - Customer Experience
> (E-Mail Removed)
> http://blog.mitchgarvis.com
>
> "Christopher Stott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I'm new to the I..T. world, and am currently working on my MCDST. But when
> > I passed 70-271 I didn't get any certificate. Does that exam even have a
> > qualification attached to it?
> >
> > --
> > Chris
> > Wirral, UK

And assuming you still do not receive your Welcome Kit after Mitch's
response, you can contact your Microsoft Regional Service Center at:

(800) 917 0758 or (0800) 096 0137
Or by email: (E-Mail Removed)

Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -

Christopher Stott

Thanks for the reply,

I didn't recieve anything at all,so I don't have access to the site. I tried
to log on but I dont know my details to log on (MCP ID and access code), as
I didn't recieve them. Apparently I was supposed to get an email after I
passed, but one never came.

Any idea what to do?

--
Chris
Wirral, UK

"Montreal MCT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Christopher,
>
> If 70-271 was the first exam that you passed (congratulations by the way!)
> then you become a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), and should
> receive a certificate for that, which will come as part of your Welcome
> Kit. In order to receive that you must request it so that you can confirm
> your mailing address, and that is within the private MCP site, which you
> should have received access to.
>
> Good luck going forward!

> Mitch Garvis, MCT
> Microsoft MVP: Windows Server - Customer Experience
> (E-Mail Removed)
> http://blog.mitchgarvis.com
>
> "Christopher Stott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I'm new to the I..T. world, and am currently working on my MCDST. But
>> when I passed 70-271 I didn't get any certificate. Does that exam even
>> have a qualification attached to it?
>>
>> --
>> Chris
>> Wirral, UK

Montreal MCT

Yes, send an e-mail to (E-Mail Removed) and give them the details of
your exam. You will likely have to send them a scanned copy of your exam
record.

Good luck!

Mitch Garvis, MCT
(E-Mail Removed)
http://blog.mitchgarvis.com

"Christopher Stott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for the reply,
>
> I didn't recieve anything at all,so I don't have access to the site. I
> tried to log on but I dont know my details to log on (MCP ID and access
> code), as I didn't recieve them. Apparently I was supposed to get an email
> after I passed, but one never came.
>
> Any idea what to do?
>
> --
> Chris
> Wirral, UK
>

> "Montreal MCT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi Christopher,
>>
>> If 70-271 was the first exam that you passed (congratulations by the
>> way!) then you become a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), and
>> should receive a certificate for that, which will come as part of your
>> Welcome Kit. In order to receive that you must request it so that you
>> can confirm your mailing address, and that is within the private MCP
>> site, which you should have received access to.
>>
>> Good luck going forward!

>> --
>> Mitch Garvis, MCT
>> Microsoft MVP: Windows Server - Customer Experience
>> (E-Mail Removed)
>> http://blog.mitchgarvis.com
>>
>> "Christopher Stott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I'm new to the I..T. world, and am currently working on my MCDST. But
>>> when I passed 70-271 I didn't get any certificate. Does that exam even
>>> have a qualification attached to it?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Chris
>>> Wirral, UK

Christopher Stott

OK thanks,

I sent an email to them last night, so I just have to wait for a response
now. I'll post the results up here. Thanks again for the info!

--
Chris
Wirral, UK

"Montreal MCT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, send an e-mail to (E-Mail Removed) and give them the details of
> your exam. You will likely have to send them a scanned copy of your exam
> record.
>
> Good luck!

> Mitch Garvis, MCT
> Microsoft MVP: Windows Server - Customer Experience
> (E-Mail Removed)
> http://blog.mitchgarvis.com
>
> "Christopher Stott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Thanks for the reply,
>>
>> I didn't recieve anything at all,so I don't have access to the site. I
>> tried to log on but I dont know my details to log on (MCP ID and access
>> code), as I didn't recieve them. Apparently I was supposed to get an
>> email after I passed, but one never came.
>>
>> Any idea what to do?
>>
>> --
>> Chris
>> Wirral, UK
>>

>> "Montreal MCT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi Christopher,
>>>
>>> If 70-271 was the first exam that you passed (congratulations by the
>>> way!) then you become a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), and
>>> should receive a certificate for that, which will come as part of your
>>> Welcome Kit. In order to receive that you must request it so that you
>>> can confirm your mailing address, and that is within the private MCP
>>> site, which you should have received access to.
>>>
>>> Good luck going forward!

>>> --
>>> Mitch Garvis, MCT
>>> Microsoft MVP: Windows Server - Customer Experience
>>> (E-Mail Removed)
>>> http://blog.mitchgarvis.com
>>>
>>> "Christopher Stott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Christopher Stott

Got my MCP ID direct from Microsoft, registered for my welcome kit, so just
waiting for it to arrive! Thanks for your help.

--
Chris
Wirral, UK