Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > background color not showing on header

background color not showing on header

iamdave

I have a header image which I do realize i should cut up into sections
for load time. But my problem is that there is supposed to be black
around the image because I set the css to have a black background but
it's not showing.

http://the316band.com

But I obviously am making a mistake somewhere.

div#header{position:relative}
div#header h1{height:125px;line-height:80px;margin:0;
padding-left:10px;background: ##000000;color: #79B30B}
div#header a{position:absolute;right:0;top:23px}

I'm not sure I understand the difference between header and header h1
referenced above. I got the template code off a website and just
tinkered with it. If you see anything goofy let me know. The code is
as is only because I'm a complete rookie and trying to edit a template
for a 2 column header/footer css layout.

Dave

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)
m>,
iamdave <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have a header image which I do realize i should cut up into sections
> for load time. But my problem is that there is supposed to be black
> around the image because I set the css to have a black background but
> it's not showing.
>
> http://the316band.com
>
> But I obviously am making a mistake somewhere.
>
> div#header{position:relative}
> div#header h1{height:125px;line-height:80px;margin:0;
> padding-left:10px;background: ##000000;color: #79B30B}
> div#header a{position:absolute;right:0;top:23px}
>
> I'm not sure I understand the difference between header and header h1
> referenced above. I got the template code off a website and just
> tinkered with it. If you see anything goofy let me know. The code is
> as is only because I'm a complete rookie and trying to edit a template
> for a 2 column header/footer css layout.

I will just comment on the black problem - there is too much
wrong with everything. Remove your background: ##000000; and use
only one hash.

--
dorayme

rf

"iamdave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>I have a header image which I do realize i should cut up into sections
> for load time.

Cutting it up into sections will probably make it load slower.

> But my problem is that there is supposed to be black
> around the image because I set the css to have a black background but
> it's not showing.

> padding-left:10px;background: ##000000;color: #79B30B}

##000000 is not a colour.

iamdave

Ahhhhh! ##000000

A double #!?!?!?

LOL! What a goofy mistake! Wow am I embarrassed. Sorry folks.

"I will just comment on the black problem - there is too much wrong
with everything."

Well apparently I used a template that wasn't so swift. Is there a
better template for a 3 column header/footer I could use to edit as I
continue to learn the css craft and one day trade my white belt for a
yellow belt or purple belt...

The one I used was this one:
http://blog.html.it/layoutgala/LayoutGala13.html

Thanks for the input I appreciate it.

Dave

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)
m>,
iamdave <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Ahhhhh! ##000000
>
> A double #!?!?!?
>
> LOL! What a goofy mistake! Wow am I embarrassed. Sorry folks.
>
> "I will just comment on the black problem - there is too much wrong
> with everything."
>
> Well apparently I used a template that wasn't so swift. Is there a
> better template for a 3 column header/footer I could use to edit as I
> continue to learn the css craft and one day trade my white belt for a
> yellow belt or purple belt...
>
> The one I used was this one:
> http://blog.html.it/layoutgala/LayoutGala13.html
>
> Thanks for the input I appreciate it.

Please quote what you are replying to at the top and put your own
reply underneath as not everyone here uses Google Groups and some
online readers do not show or even have histories of threads. At
least in this newsgroup, this is the accepted convention.

As for 3 col layouts, how about researching the archives of this
group and coming up with a small number that have been mentioned
favourably and which you fancy a bit.

Don't worry about goofy mistakes, they happen all the time and
you can get lucky with proof reading services on these ng if you
happen to hit folk with no real outside life of their own. <g>

--
dorayme

owo.dod@gmail.com

On Jan 28, 2:06 pm, dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed)
> m>,
>

> iamdave <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Ahhhhh! ##000000

> > A double #!?!?!?

> > LOL! What a goofy mistake! Wow am I embarrassed. Sorry folks.

> > "I will just comment on the black problem - there is too much wrong
> > with everything."

> > Well apparently I used a template that wasn't so swift. Is there a
> > better template for a 3 column header/footer I could use to edit as I
> > continue to learn the css craft and one day trade my white belt for a
> > yellow belt or purple belt...

> > The one I used was this one:
> >http://blog.html.it/layoutgala/LayoutGala13.html

> > Thanks for the input I appreciate it.

> Please quote what you are replying to at the top and put your own
> reply underneath as not everyone here uses Google Groups and some
> online readers do not show or even have histories of threads. At
> least in this newsgroup, this is the accepted convention.
>
> As for 3 col layouts, how about researching the archives of this
> group and coming up with a small number that have been mentioned
> favourably and which you fancy a bit.
>
> Don't worry about goofy mistakes, they happen all the time and
> you can get lucky with proof reading services on these ng if you
> happen to hit folk with no real outside life of their own. <g>
>
> --
> dorayme

What are you and rk attending the same school morons university

iamdave

On Jan 27, 4:33 pm, dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed)
> m>,
>

> iamdave <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > I have a header image which I do realize i should cut up into sections
> > for load time. But my problem is that there is supposed to be black
> > around the image because I set the css to have a black background but
> > it's not showing.

> >http://the316band.com

> > But I obviously am making a mistake somewhere.

> > div#header{position:relative}
> > div#header h1{height:125px;line-height:80px;margin:0;
> > padding-left:10px;background: ##000000;color: #79B30B}
> > div#header a{position:absolute;right:0;top:23px}

> > I'm not sure I understand the difference between header and header h1
> > referenced above. I got the template code off a website and just
> > tinkered with it. If you see anything goofy let me know. The code is
> > as is only because I'm a complete rookie and trying to edit a template
> > for a 2 column header/footer css layout.

> I will just comment on the black problem - there is too much
> wrong with everything. Remove your background: ##000000; and use
> only one hash.
>
> --
> dorayme

Are there issues with the html code or web site design that you are
referring to? I used a 3 column template I found. If I need to find a
better coded one that's fine but I'm just not sure which direction you
were speaking of with all the problems.

Dave

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)
m>,
iamdave <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > >http://the316band.com

> > I will just comment on the black problem - there is too much
> > wrong with everything. Remove your background: ##000000; and use
> > only one hash.
> >
> > --
> > dorayme

> Are there issues with the html code or web site design that you are
> referring to? I used a 3 column template I found. If I need to find a
> better coded one that's fine but I'm just not sure which direction you
> were speaking of with all the problems.

If you would fix up all the things the W3C validators say are
errors, I and others for sure would be happy to take a look. The
fauts may be from your template or from things you ahave added?
For example:

a{display:color: #006}

--
dorayme

iamdave

On Jan 29, 5:56 pm, dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed)
> m>,

> > > I will just comment on the black problem - there is too much
> > > wrong with everything. Remove your background: ##000000; and use
> > > only one hash.

> > > --
> > > dorayme

> > Are there issues with the html code or web site design that you are
> > referring to? I used a 3 column template I found. If I need to find a
> > better coded one that's fine but I'm just not sure which direction you
> > were speaking of with all the problems.

> If you would fix up all the things the W3C validators say are
> errors, I and others for sure would be happy to take a look. The
> fauts may be from your template or from things you ahave added?
> For example:
>
> a{display:color: #006}
>
> --
> dorayme

I searched through this group looking for 3 column templates or
layouts and found this one:
http://www.pixy.cz/blogg/clanky/css-3col-layout/

Is this one of the more accepted coded layouts I might try and use?

Dave

Chaddy2222

On Jan 31, 12:29*am, iamdave <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jan 29, 5:56 pm, dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > In article
> > <(E-Mail Removed)
> > m>,

> > > Are there issues with the html code or web site design that you are
> > > referring to? I used a 3 column template I found. If I need to find a
> > > better coded one that's fine but I'm just not sure which direction you
> > > were speaking of with all the problems.

> > If you would fix up all the things the W3C validators say are
> > errors, I and others for sure would be happy to take a look. The
> > fauts may be from your template or from things you ahave added?
> > For example:

> > a{display:color: #006}

> > --
> > dorayme

> I searched through this group looking for 3 column templates or
> layouts and found this one:http://www.pixy.cz/blogg/clanky/css-3col-layout/
>
> Is this one of the more accepted coded layouts I might try and use?

You might be better off having a look at the tutorials at:
http://htmldog.com