Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > VoIP Calling Desktop Application from Raketu

VoIP Calling Desktop Application from Raketu

rishil

The new applicationís ďSlimĒ interface is Raketuís Lite version of
Raketuís full-featured LaunchPad Desktop application, which also
integrates IPTV streamed video and video on demand (VOD) entertainment
content. Raketu Lite is available for Windows XP and Vista users, and
offers free and/or extremely low cost VoIP calling from a desktop PC.
Mac users and users of other Operating Systems can make calls using
Raketuís website...

http://askwiki.blogspot.com/2008/01/...tion-from.html

Good Day!!

Brian A

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 02:07:52 -0800 (PST), rishil
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The new applicationís ďSlimĒ interface is Raketuís Lite version of
>Raketuís full-featured LaunchPad Desktop application, which also
>integrates IPTV streamed video and video on demand (VOD) entertainment
>content. Raketu Lite is available for Windows XP and Vista users, and
>offers free and/or extremely low cost VoIP calling from a desktop PC.
>Mac users and users of other Operating Systems can make calls using
>Raketuís website...
>
>http://askwiki.blogspot.com/2008/01/...tion-from.html
>
>Good Day!!

This is proprietary, i.e. calls are tied to one operator. However,
like Voipcheap, it includes 'free' minutes. It seems, unless I have
misunderstood this, that it is better than voipcheap in that the
minutes are alloted per month rather than per 7 days (which must be
very difficult to keep track of). 1200 minutes/month. Further, it
appears that this lasts for 3 months from the date of crediting your
account.
Credit is ~£5 or ~£12.50 denominations.
http://www.raketu.com/en/new-rates.php
The chargeable call charges don't seem bad. UK calls @ 0.51p/min after
free calls have been used up. Calls to UK mobiles 7.64p/min.
http://www.raketu.com/en/dialout-rates.php
This is SIP but I haven't currently found the appropriate settings for
hardware use.

---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
---