Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > captcha

captcha

Tem

Does anyone know where I can find a good and easy to understand sample or
tutorial of captcha validation for asp.net? (with source code not something
like recaptcha)
the ones I found are too complicated to implement

thanks,
Tem

Eliyahu Goldin

"Good and easy to understand" is quite relative. Did you look at this?

Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]
http://msmvps.com/blogs/egoldin
http://usableasp.net

"Tem" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know where I can find a good and easy to understand sample or
> tutorial of captcha validation for asp.net? (with source code not
> something like recaptcha)
> the ones I found are too complicated to implement
>
> thanks,
> Tem

Juan T. Llibre

Here's a few links, complete with code samples :

http://www.beansoftware.com/ASP.NET-...vent-Bots.aspx
http://codeeleven.blogspot.com/2007/...in-aspnet.html

Here's a couple of opinions stating that using captcha is overrated :

http://www.brains-n-brawn.com/defaul...vDir=aicaptcha
http://weblogs.asp.net/rhoward/archi...CHA_3F00_.aspx

Here's the link to the free source code/binaries for ReverseDOS :
http://www.angrypets.com/tools/rdos/download.aspx

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
======================================
"Tem" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know where I can find a good and easy to understand sample or tutorial of captcha validation for asp.net?
> (with source code not something like recaptcha)
> the ones I found are too complicated to implement
>
> thanks,
> Tem

Eric Moreau

Hi

There is also:
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet...spx?print=true
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/custom...haControl.aspx

--

HTH

Éric Moreau, MCSD, Visual Developer - Visual Basic MVP
Conseiller Principal / Senior Consultant
Moer inc. (http://www.emoreau.com)
Membre du réseau .NET Expertise (www.dotnet-expertise.com)

"Tem" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know where I can find a good and easy to understand sample or
> tutorial of captcha validation for asp.net? (with source code not
> something like recaptcha)
> the ones I found are too complicated to implement
>
> thanks,
> Tem

Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]

Search on "ASP.NET Captcha control" and include the quotes.
An excellent Captcha that won't strain your eyes or frustrate you is simply
to ask the user to enter the sum of two displayed numbers. Even simpler, Jeff
Attwood displays a graphic with the word "Orange" which never changes, and
states that it is near 100% effective.
-- Peter
Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com

"Tem" wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can find a good and easy to understand sample or
> tutorial of captcha validation for asp.net? (with source code not something
> like recaptcha)
> the ones I found are too complicated to implement
>
> thanks,
> Tem

Simple Captcha : Zero Dependecy Captcha for Rails sur Ruby 0 12-23-2007 03:05 AM
Capturing Text from CAPTCHA Images Krishna Kumar ASP .Net 6 08-05-2005 01:22 PM
Captcha Images prasad ASP .Net 1 04-28-2005 02:22 AM
Captcha Peter Morn Java 0 12-16-2004 10:58 AM
Accessible CAPTCHA? Leif K-Brooks HTML 2 02-21-2004 08:17 PM

Advertisments