Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Audacity v1.2.6 Can't Use "What U Hear"

Audacity v1.2.6 Can't Use "What U Hear"

Monica

I've used this program and the "What U hear" feature for a couple of years.
All the sudden, when I try to record with the "what U hear" option, I get
the following error message...Error while opening sound device. Please
check the input device settings and the project sample rate". I've checked
everything I know how and have looked all over the program for the changes I
need to make. I updated the program hoping that would work. I can open and
play songs, but clicking on the record button brings up the error message.
Can someone please help?
Thank you,
Monica

NOTTNICK

Monica wrote:
> I've used this program and the "What U hear" feature for a couple of years.
> All the sudden, when I try to record with the "what U hear" option, I get
> the following error message...Error while opening sound device. Please
> check the input device settings and the project sample rate". I've checked
> everything I know how and have looked all over the program for the changes I
> need to make. I updated the program hoping that would work. I can open and
> play songs, but clicking on the record button brings up the error message.
> Can someone please help?
> Thank you,
> Monica

What you could do is try 'Reaper'
Much more powerful than Audacity - rivals Cubase and lots of excellent
reviews!
Free also, pay if you want.

http://www.reaper.fm/index.php

You might find that moving is worth it.

If you can use Audacity - it shouldn't be too hard to get to grips with it.

Nick

Monica

Thank you for the tip. I finally found my answer on Audacity's website
(their help forum is buried). I wasn't the only one with the problem and it
had already been addressed. I'll check out reaper.
Monica
news:(E-Mail Removed)...