Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > My hard Drives

My hard Drives

Danny83222 Danny83222 is offline
Junior Member
Location: IL

I have 2 hard drives on my computer. one is 250gb with my OS on it, windows xp sp2, and the other 300gb with all my good stuff on it (music and what not) My problem is that both of them are only reading at 127gb. Now, when I go into the device manager and populate the Volumes it is reading the capacity at 283473mb (276gb?) for one with 107411mb (104gb) of unallocated space. the other at 305235mb (298GB) with 174173 (170gb) of unallocated space.

I have no idea how to use the harddrives at full capacity. I could format the 300gb HD but the other one would be hard to do because i am running windows on it.
How do you format a hard drive that is over 127gb before installing sp2?

COUNTRYBOY COUNTRYBOY is offline
Junior Member
Location: East Coast, USA

just format unallocated space & create new drive letters/partitions, (i.e. c&d u have, e is cd rom, f&g can be used for new partitions)