Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Bell

ewachtel

Sometimes my computer makes a sound like a doorbell. I run xp. Can anyone
tell me wha this sound is and what do I do to get rid of it?

TJ

"ewachtel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed):

> Sometimes my computer makes a sound like a doorbell. I run xp. Can
> anyone tell me wha this sound is and what do I do to get rid of it?

Best guess follows;

Tell your kids to close whatever IM program they use when they're done with
it.

A "doorbell" sound is an option in most IM clients for alerting you when
one of your "buddies" signs on.

philo

"TJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> "ewachtel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Sometimes my computer makes a sound like a doorbell. I run xp. Can
> > anyone tell me wha this sound is and what do I do to get rid of it?

> Best guess follows;
>
> Tell your kids to close whatever IM program they use when they're done

with
> it.
>
> A "doorbell" sound is an option in most IM clients for alerting you when
> one of your "buddies" signs on.

It's often due to some minor keystroke error...
it can be turned off in the control panel under sounds & multimedia

Plato

ewachtel wrote:

> Sometimes my computer makes a sound like a doorbell. I run xp. Can anyone
> tell me wha this sound is and what do I do to get rid of it?

Chances are it's some sort of chat app.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

2 Story DSL from Bell South Gateway Solo 9500 Wireless Networking 1 03-10-2006 12:08 AM
Can't find many sites,Bell said may be spyware,I think its Bell poor DSL Thaqalain Computer Support 2 09-28-2005 01:07 AM
Will the Bell System Survive? Silverstrand Front Page News 0 08-08-2005 02:36 PM
Re: beep (bell) Jenny K ASP .Net 1 08-30-2003 04:50 AM
Packard Bell won't accept CDRW =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?= Computer Support 4 08-07-2003 02:59 AM

Advertisments