Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > The dude in the bunker - leave him alone?

The dude in the bunker - leave him alone?

Ben

http://www.pbase.com/image/92141776

See the guy in the red shirt obscured by the flowers in the bottom
left bunker? Leave him in or work him out? A friend is going to sell
a print of this in his wine shop, and I'm on the fence here. If he
was not obscured by the flowers, or if he was taking a swing, I'd be
apt to leave him in. As it stands, I'm not so sure...

Thx...

Graham Waiffers

Ben wrote:
> http://www.pbase.com/image/92141776
>
> See the guy in the red shirt obscured by the flowers in the bottom
> left bunker? Leave him in or work him out? A friend is going to sell
> a print of this in his wine shop, and I'm on the fence here. If he
> was not obscured by the flowers, or if he was taking a swing, I'd be
> apt to leave him in. As it stands, I'm not so sure...
>
> Thx...

I agree. Clean as possible...the focus is not bottom left...it's top
centre right.

--
Graham Waiffers

The poster formerly known as Roger Thaat, Watson deMeneux or Jack Skwaht.

Scott W

On Jan 26, 7:50*am, Ben <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> http://www.pbase.com/image/92141776
>
> See the guy in the red shirt obscured by the flowers in the bottom
> left bunker? *Leave him in or work him out? *A friend is going to sell
> a print of this in his wine shop, and I'm on the fence here. *If he
> was not obscured by the flowers, or if he was taking a swing, I'd be
> apt to leave him in. *As it stands, I'm not so sure...
>
> Thx...

I would take him out.

Scott

Ben

On Jan 26, 12:45*pm, Scott W <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jan 26, 7:50*am, Ben <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >http://www.pbase.com/image/92141776

> > See the guy in the red shirt obscured by the flowers in the bottom
> > left bunker? *Leave him in or work him out? *A friend is going to sell
> > a print of this in his wine shop, and I'm on the fence here. *If he
> > was not obscured by the flowers, or if he was taking a swing, I'd be
> > apt to leave him in. *As it stands, I'm not so sure...

> > Thx...

> I would take him out.
>
> Scott

I took him out...w/ extreme prejudice:

http://www.pbase.com/sigphotography/image/92141776

Tom D

"Ben" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.pbase.com/image/92141776
>
> See the guy in the red shirt obscured by the flowers in the bottom
> left bunker? Leave him in or work him out?

I'd take him out. As it stands, you can barely tell that it is a person
there. His presence doesn't add anything to the shot. And the red shirt is
a distraction, IMO. Like you said, if he was out in the open, it would be
different.

-=- Tom

WW

On Jan 26, 12:50 pm, Ben <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> http://www.pbase.com/image/92141776
>
> See the guy in the red shirt obscured by the flowers in the bottom
> left bunker? Leave him in or work him out? A friend is going to sell
> a print of this in his wine shop, and I'm on the fence here. If he
> was not obscured by the flowers, or if he was taking a swing, I'd be
> apt to leave him in. As it stands, I'm not so sure...
>
> Thx...

NO... I don't see him & don't care.

david s-a

Ben wrote:
> http://www.pbase.com/image/92141776
>
> See the guy in the red shirt obscured by the flowers in the bottom
> left bunker? Leave him in or work him out? A friend is going to sell
> a print of this in his wine shop, and I'm on the fence here. If he
> was not obscured by the flowers, or if he was taking a swing, I'd be
> apt to leave him in. As it stands, I'm not so sure...
>
> Thx...

Oh..THAT guy!! Forget him..it is the guy in the rubber dinghy behind the
rocks that has me worried...I think he is looking for his balls. That's
quite distracting.

cheers
david

Ben

On Jan 26, 2:10*pm, WW <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jan 26, 12:50 pm, Ben <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >http://www.pbase.com/image/92141776

> > See the guy in the red shirt obscured by the flowers in the bottom
> > left bunker? *Leave him in or work him out? *A friend is going to sell
> > a print of this in his wine shop, and I'm on the fence here. *If he
> > was not obscured by the flowers, or if he was taking a swing, I'd be
> > apt to leave him in. *As it stands, I'm not so sure...

> > Thx...

> NO... I don't see him & don't care.

Zing! Zang! You're on fire today, dude.

me@mine.net

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 10:59:46 -0800 (PST), in rec.photo.digital Ben
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Jan 26, 12:45*pm, Scott W <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Jan 26, 7:50*am, Ben <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >http://www.pbase.com/image/92141776

>> > See the guy in the red shirt obscured by the flowers in the bottom
>> > left bunker? *Leave him in or work him out? *A friend is going to sell
>> > a print of this in his wine shop, and I'm on the fence here. *If he
>> > was not obscured by the flowers, or if he was taking a swing, I'd be
>> > apt to leave him in. *As it stands, I'm not so sure...

>> > Thx...

>> I would take him out.
>>
>> Scott

>I took him out...w/ extreme prejudice:
>
>http://www.pbase.com/sigphotography/image/92141776

What's the point of posting a link to an image, asking about the
composition and then posting the edited photo at the same url without the
item you're asking about an hour later?

Ben

On Jan 26, 3:44*pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> What's the point of posting a link to an image, asking about the
> composition and then posting the edited photo at the same url without the
> item you're asking about an hour later?

I move fast.