Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Opening Attachments in XP 64-bit

Opening Attachments in XP 64-bit

scurr3165

I'm using Windows XP Pro 64-bit and Outlook Express version 6. When I
click
a link from an email it opens up IE 64-bit version instead of 32-bit
version.
A lot of web pages now use Adobe Flash and they haven't put out a 64
bit
version yet so some of my content I am trying to view is not shown.

Is there a way to have links open up in 32 bit instead of 64 bit?

Thanks
Scott C.

PA Bear [MS-MVP]

[Originally posted in OE General:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...eee5770583f04a

On Jan 26, 11:37*am, scurr3165 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I'm using Windows XP Pro 64-bit and Outlook Express version 6. *When I
> click
> a link from an email it opens up IE 64-bit version instead of 32-bit
> version.
> *A lot of web pages now use Adobe Flash and they haven't put out a 64
> bit
> version yet so some of my content I am trying to view is not shown.
>
> Is there a way to have links open up in 32 bit instead of 64 bit?
>
> Thanks
> Scott C.

scurr3165

On Jan 26, 1:42*pm, "PA Bear [MS-MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> [Originally posted in OE General:http://groups.google.com/group/micro...express.genera...
> | ~PA Bear, MS-MVP]
>
> On Jan 26, 11:37*am, scurr3165 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > I'm using Windows XP Pro 64-bit and Outlook Express version 6. *When I
> > click
> > a link from an email it opens up IE 64-bit version instead of 32-bit
> > version.
> > *A lot of web pages now use Adobe Flash and they haven't put out a 64
> > bit
> > version yet so some of my content I am trying to view is not shown.

> > Is there a way to have links open up in 32 bit instead of 64 bit?

> > Thanks
> > Scott C.- Hide quoted text -

I tried changing the URL file open but it didn't do anything. I also
tried to delete it but the delete button was greyed out.