Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > binary of gcc and gfortran shapshot 20080125 for windows

binary of gcc and gfortran shapshot 20080125 for windows

post

available for download at www.equation.com
Enjoy free compilers.

Gerry Ford

As usual, at the waters where the geeks meet, my ability to comment is
limited.

--

The most common of all follies is to believe passionately in the palpably
not true. It is the chief occupation of mankind.

"post" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> available for download at www.equation.com
> Enjoy free compilers.

none

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 13:32:26 +0000, post wrote:

> available for download at www.equation.com
> Enjoy free compilers.

Would you let us know what has changed between each snapshot that you
make available?

James Van Buskirk

"post" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> available for download at www.equation.com
> Enjoy free compilers.

Thank you for providing this service, which also helps out the
gfortran people because you provide snapshots more frequently than
they do, making it possible to determine whether any bugs found
are due to using an outdated version of gfortran or are still
present in the current version.

One problem with your installer, at least the the x64 version, is
that it sets the LIBRARY_PATH variable without asking the user if
he wants to do so. As it turns out, this variable seems not to be
required by gfortran but if set it messes up other installations
of gcc. Could you take this environmental variable out of the
installation process or at least ask this user whether he wants
to set it before doing so?

6.0134700243160014d-154/),(/'x'/)); end

post

"James Van Buskirk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "post" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> One problem with your installer, at least the the x64 version, is
> that it sets the LIBRARY_PATH variable without asking the user if
> he wants to do so. As it turns out, this variable seems not to be
> required by gfortran but if set it messes up other installations
> of gcc. Could you take this environmental variable out of the
> installation process or at least ask this user whether he wants
> to set it before doing so?

You are right. The variable LIBRARY_PATH is no longer required. The
installer will be modified not to set the variable.

Old version of w64-api and runtime binaries are in the subdirectory
x86_64-pc-mingw32/lib64. Linker needs the variable to search libraries.
Current w64 and runtime binaries are in subdirectory
x86_64-pc-mingw32/lib.The variable LIBRARY_PATH is unnecessary.