Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Plug-and-Play Camera

Plug-and-Play Camera

support

I am looking for a simple digital camera that:

1. Takes pictures in JPEG format.
2. Does not need any additional software to retrieve images

You help is much appreciated in advance.

support

ray

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 23:16:58 -0500, support wrote:

> I am looking for a simple digital camera that:
>
> 1. Takes pictures in JPEG format.
> 2. Does not need any additional software to retrieve images
>
> You help is much appreciated in advance.
>
> support

I cannot think of one currently on the market that does not meet those
criteria.

support

ray wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 23:16:58 -0500, support wrote:
>
>> I am looking for a simple digital camera that:
>>
>> 1. Takes pictures in JPEG format.
>> 2. Does not need any additional software to retrieve images
>>
>> You help is much appreciated in advance.
>>
>> support

> I cannot think of one currently on the market that does not meet those
> criteria.

Ray, thanks again.
What would be your advise as far as ease of use, reliability?

Support

"support" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BSymj.645$(E-Mail Removed)...
> ray wrote:
>> On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 23:16:58 -0500, support wrote:
>>
>>> I am looking for a simple digital camera that:
>>>
>>> 1. Takes pictures in JPEG format.
>>> 2. Does not need any additional software to retrieve images
>>>
>>> You help is much appreciated in advance.
>>>
>>> support

>> I cannot think of one currently on the market that does not meet those
>> criteria.

> Ray, thanks again.
> What would be your advise as far as ease of use, reliability?
>
> Support

Go into a shop and look at them. You call yourself "Support"

Neil Ellwood

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 23:16:58 -0500, support wrote:

> I am looking for a simple digital camera that:
>
> 1. Takes pictures in JPEG format.
> 2. Does not need any additional software to retrieve images
>
> You help is much appreciated in advance.
>
> support

That is almost every digital camera.

--
Neil
reverse ra and delete l

Mark B.

"support" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9vymj.642$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am looking for a simple digital camera that:
>
> 1. Takes pictures in JPEG format. 2. Does not need any additional software
> to retrieve images
>
> You help is much appreciated in advance.
>
> support

Any camera currently on the market fills those requirements - just get a
card reader, it's universally recognized on any PC and the transfers are
faster than from the camera.

Mark

tony cooper

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 23:41:58 -0500, support <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>ray wrote:
>> On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 23:16:58 -0500, support wrote:
>>
>>> I am looking for a simple digital camera that:
>>>
>>> 1. Takes pictures in JPEG format.
>>> 2. Does not need any additional software to retrieve images

I've never seen a digital that requires additional software to
retrieve images. Many come with software to do this, but it's never
required and the bundled software is usually useless.

--

Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Mike of Wrexham

"support" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9vymj.642$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am looking for a simple digital camera that:
>
> 1. Takes pictures in JPEG format. 2. Does not need any additional software
> to retrieve images
>
> You help is much appreciated in advance.
>
> support

Any low price digital camera that takes a memory card will take jpeg/jpg
format pictures and you can take the card out of the camera and put into a
card reader slot on the computer - if you don't have a card reader slot you
can buy a cheap card reader that plugs into a USB slot.
Mike.

Don Stauffer in Minnesota

On Jan 26, 8:08 am, tony cooper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 23:41:58 -0500, support <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >ray wrote:

> I've never seen a digital that requires additional software to
> retrieve images. Many come with software to do this, but it's never
> required and the bundled software is usually useless.
>
> --
>
> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

There ARE cheapies that do not take a flash card. The memory is
strictly internal and you download pictures via USB. Those DO take
proprietary software.

Just stay away from those, and buy one that uses flash cards like SD
or similar. Then either use the card reader on your computer, or buy
a USB card reader.

tony cooper

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 08:52:08 -0500, "Mark B."
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"support" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:9vymj.642$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>I am looking for a simple digital camera that:
>>
>> 1. Takes pictures in JPEG format. 2. Does not need any additional software
>> to retrieve images
>>
>> You help is much appreciated in advance.
>>
>> support

>Any camera currently on the market fills those requirements - just get a
>card reader, it's universally recognized on any PC and the transfers are
>faster than from the camera.

You don't need a card reader. Any digital P&S can use a USB cable.
If the computer has a port for a card reader, it has a USB port.

While I now use a card reader, the "faster" bit is a non-feature
feature. The difference in time between uploading a full card by
either method is a matter of seconds. Unless you are trying to upload
while the house is on fire, and those seconds are precious to you, it
doesn't make a real difference.

The only reason I switched to a card reader is that the three cameras
that are used in this house require two different USB cables.
(camera-side connections) The card reader eliminates the need to
change cables.

--

Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida