Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > cd labelling software

cd labelling software

soylentgreen

Can anyone recommend a simple effective cd labelling software programme dont
want bells and whistles eye candy stuff etc, I have looked around on the net
but am no nearer to finding anything thats suitable.

Thanks

Mike Easter

soylentgreen wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a simple effective cd labelling software
> programme dont want bells and whistles eye candy stuff etc, I have
> looked around on the net but am no nearer to finding anything thats
> suitable.

You can label a CD with lightscribe or you can label a CD with a
template which is accurately adhered using a 'gizmo' like CD stomper, or
you can label a jewelcase.

The term 'cd labeling software' would mean an application for some
specific operating system (win, linux, mac, etc) which employed some
specific 'method' such as lightscribe, stomper, jewelcase insert, etc.

So, the question is: first start with your OS and then name your
'labeling' plan/method of intention.

--
Mike Easter

Rgr

soylentgreen wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a simple effective cd labelling software programme dont
> want bells and whistles eye candy stuff etc, I have looked around on the net
> but am no nearer to finding anything thats suitable.

Sharpie.

But seriously folk, if you buy a good-sized pack of CD labels at most
places it comes with some software. I use CorelDraw because I like the
precise control.

soylentgreen

xp home........disc labels for cd cases insets etc. and cd,s.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> soylentgreen wrote:
>> Can anyone recommend a simple effective cd labelling software
>> programme dont want bells and whistles eye candy stuff etc, I have
>> looked around on the net but am no nearer to finding anything thats
>> suitable.

> You can label a CD with lightscribe or you can label a CD with a
> template which is accurately adhered using a 'gizmo' like CD stomper, or
> you can label a jewelcase.
>
> The term 'cd labeling software' would mean an application for some
> specific operating system (win, linux, mac, etc) which employed some
> specific 'method' such as lightscribe, stomper, jewelcase insert, etc.
>
> So, the question is: first start with your OS and then name your
> 'labeling' plan/method of intention.
>

> --
> Mike Easter

chuckie

"soylentgreen" <drm6112@=SPAMBLOCK= blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
newsBtmj.266203$(E-Mail Removed) o.uk...
> Can anyone recommend a simple effective cd labelling software programme

dont
> want bells and whistles eye candy stuff etc, I have looked around on the

net
> but am no nearer to finding anything thats suitable.
>
> Thanks

I know this is a really dumb, stupid suggestion, but, enter 'cd labeling
software' into Google (or any other search engine) and check the results...

That being said, most brand name cd burning software (Nero and EZCD Creator
come to mind) have that function built into them. I have also used
SureThing and NTZ (which, I believe, I got with some Memorex CD labels),
with good results...luck...

thanatoid

"soylentgreen" <drm6112@=SPAMBLOCK= blueyonder.co.uk> wrote
in newsBtmj.266203$(E-Mail Removed) o.uk:

> Can anyone recommend a simple effective cd labelling
> software programme dont want bells and whistles eye candy
> stuff etc, I have looked around on the net but am no nearer
> to finding anything thats suitable.
>
> Thanks

It's called "Sharpie" (standard, NOT the /really/ thin point
ones) and can be found in any stationery store and even most
supermarkets. In a VARIETY of colors!

I'm not joking. Should you ever be unlucky enough to have even a
part of a stick-on label come off, it will /most probably/,
depending on storage conditions and label quality, take enough
of the disc's data with it to render it totally useless. To get
an idea, make a razor cut on the top layer (that's where all the
data is, the bottom is just plastic to protect the top layer).
See what happens. On crappy discs, sometimes just some Scotch
tape will do the trick.

I am sure the quality of labels has improved over the years but
I still would not trust ANY of my discs with ANY labels. WTF do
you need a label for when the disc is IN THE PLAYER? (Speaking
of which, any label which is less than /perfectly/ centered can
cause other interesting effects I won't get into.) All this
"technology" is as necessary or useful as laser lens cleaning
brush discs.

If you can't come up with a 5 or less word description of the
contents, you might want to look into inserts and booklets. Of
course, then you will need a program which prints directories'
contents, since Windows still can not do it and it appears
practically certain that it never will.

The "light scribe" technology and the older "special printer
with a printable disc" technologies are fine, but you need
special discs and hardware and IMO it's just not worth the cost
or bother.

And THANKS a LOT for making me break my cycle of not replying to
anything.

--
Any mental activity is easy if it need not be subjected to
reality.

Aardvark

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 06:37:56 +0000, thanatoid wrote:

> And THANKS a LOT for making me break my cycle of not replying to
> anything.

Was wondering where you were, mate. Nice to see you back here (if only on
a flying visit).

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

http://cdn.ugoto.com/pictures/mexican_sharpies-e71.jpg

--

Another Skylab, back to wearing a target on your chest for a month
http://science.slashdot.org/science/.../2246240.shtml

Matt

Greetings!
I suggest you try our "Maestro Label Designer" label software. The
software is free, easy to use, and we have live customer support if
you have questions. You can try our software by clicking on the
following link. http://www.onlinelabels.com/software.htm

Also if you have a need for CD or DVD Labels check out this page.
http://www.onlinelabels.com/dvd-labels.htm
Please feel free to call (88575-2235 with any questions.

Thanks,

Matt Hamilton
http://www.onlinelabels.com
Click. Print. Stick.

On Jan 25, 6:30*pm, Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> soylentgreen wrote:
> > Can anyone recommend a simple effective cd labelling software programme dont
> > want bells and whistles eye candy stuff etc, I have looked around on the net
> > but am no nearer to finding anything thats suitable.

> Sharpie.
>
> But seriously folk, if you buy a good-sized pack of CDlabelsat most
> places it comes with some software. I use CorelDraw because I like the
> precise control.

ellis_jay

chuckie wrote:
> "soylentgreen" <drm6112@=SPAMBLOCK= blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> newsBtmj.266203$(E-Mail Removed) o.uk...
>> Can anyone recommend a simple effective cd labelling software
>> programme dont want bells and whistles eye candy stuff etc, I have
>> looked around on the net but am no nearer to finding anything thats
>> suitable.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> I know this is a really dumb, stupid suggestion, but, enter 'cd
> labeling software' into Google (or any other search engine) and check
> the results...
>
> That being said, most brand name cd burning software (Nero and EZCD
> Creator come to mind) have that function built into them. I have
> also used SureThing and NTZ (which, I believe, I got with some
> Memorex CD labels), with good results...luck...

I don't see the original poster so I hope you do not mind me piggy backing
here/

I use undercoverxp from:

http://www.undercoverxp.tk/

and I use this one:

http://www.5star-shareware.com/Windo...d-toolbox.html

both freeware..........

--
A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his
government. ___Edward Abbey