Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > NPD: Toshiba's New Marketing Campaign Is "Proving Effective"

NPD: Toshiba's New Marketing Campaign Is "Proving Effective"

Derek Janssen

ZVR wrote:
>>Um...there would be a lot more on the shelves if Futureshop or Best Buy
>>REPLACED their stock. Which they've already announced they don't plan to.

> Bullshit and an outright lie. I asked them about that and they ARE ordering
> more.
>
> Where is your source?

Oh, well, as long as you're asking:
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html#012108

There: Now, as is the usual procedure with pro-HD responses to Bill
Hunt bulletins, we will paint a nice big target on the messenger for you
to attack.

Derek Janssen (now, don't we feel better?)

ZVR

> Oh, well, as long as you're asking:
> http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html#012108

Rumour mill, what an appropriate name for that page!

You know, FUD postings by Sony shills on a site well known for the Betaray
bias, hardly count as "evidence"! If that is all you can show for your
pathetic efforts to spread Sony's misinformation around, I feel sorry for
you... must be hard work earning those dollars Sony pays you to seed forums
and newsgroups with falsehoods (yes, I did see all the other crap you are
posting all over the net!)

Alpha

"Steve Irving" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:479f8bb9$0$494$(E-Mail Removed)...
> David Z wrote:
>>
>> "Tarkus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> Civilization is your friend.
>>>
>>> So is the Internet.

>> He was talking in Canadian dollars, I believe. So you cannot directly
>> compare.

> That's right since Canadian dollars are currently worth more than US
> dollars (for the 1st time in 40 years)...

And THIS is the reason no one will care about this topic....US buying power
will fall to DEPRESSION! not the wimpy recession. Are YOU ready?

godslabrat@gmail.com

On Feb 3, 1:18*am, Derek Janssen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Yeah, I know--Was just taking a few random potshots at the HD-DVD camp's
> desperate clinging to their last 2006 hope of "Blu is a failure, because
> none of the standalone players work!...Oh, and those game machines don't
> count, 'cause they're, like, for gamers!"

Anyone want to take bets as to when the HD-DVD diehards finally throw
in the towel? I mean, the whole "Betaray" mantra is cute and all, but
at some point, they'll have to be holding a straight face when
Universal caves and Toshiba's making BluRay decks. How much more
convincing do we need?

--

Aaron J. Bossig

http://www.GodsLabRat.com

Corbomite Carrie

On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 14:16:47 -0800 (PST), (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>On Feb 3, 1:18*am, Derek Janssen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Yeah, I know--Was just taking a few random potshots at the HD-DVD camp's
>> desperate clinging to their last 2006 hope of "Blu is a failure, because
>> none of the standalone players work!...Oh, and those game machines don't
>> count, 'cause they're, like, for gamers!"

>Anyone want to take bets as to when the HD-DVD diehards finally throw
>in the towel? I mean, the whole "Betaray" mantra is cute and all, but
>at some point, they'll have to be holding a straight face when
>Universal caves and Toshiba's making BluRay decks. How much more
>convincing do we need?

You're an idiot.