Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Make your iPod/iPhone work in XP x64

Make your iPod/iPhone work in XP x64

Bobby Johnson

Contact Apple to see if they have a solution, they are
responsible for any drivers needed for all version of Windows.

spyhunter39 wrote:
> i did that whole tutorial a few months ago and it worked great. then
> about 2 weeks ago, i tried to update to the newest version of itunes,
> and now it doesn't work.
> Everything works (itunes/quicktime install, etc.) except for the iphone
> driver itself. At the step where you have to select the driver to use, I
> select the "apple mobile device usb driver" and it waits for a few
> seconds and then says there was a problem installing the driver.
>
> Any ideas?

spyhunter39

Well if apple supported xp x64 then we wouldn't even be having this
conversation.

I think what happened is when the apple auto updater tried to update
it, it screwed something up so that now it won't allow the driver to
load. What I need is some way to completely erase any traces of the
driver and itunes/QuickTime from my computer short of reinstalling the
OS.

--
spyhunter39
spyhunter39's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?u=52659

http://forums.techarena.in

Colin Barnhorst

"spyhunter39" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Well if apple supported xp x64 then we wouldn't even be having this
> conversation.
>
> I think what happened is when the apple auto updater tried to update
> it, it screwed something up so that now it won't allow the driver to
> load. What I need is some way to completely erase any traces of the
> driver and itunes/QuickTime from my computer short of reinstalling the
> OS.
>

> --
> spyhunter39
> spyhunter39's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?u=52659
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=900493
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Does Apple have a clean up utility for Windows? Many companies do and they
are very effective for removing a progam and drivers even when the user
cannot see the software in Uninstall a Program.

spyhunter39

yes! That's exactly what I need. Is there one?
FYI, itunes/other apple software (besides safari) are not showing up in
window's installer clean-up or uninstaller either but everytime I try to
use the apple USB mobile device driver it doesn't work.

--
spyhunter39
spyhunter39's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?u=52659
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=900493

http://forums.techarena.in

Bobby Johnson

And you expect Microsoft to fix problems with Apple's
software? Dream on!!

spyhunter39 wrote:
> Well if apple supported xp x64 then we wouldn't even be having this
> conversation.
>
> I think what happened is when the apple auto updater tried to update
> it, it screwed something up so that now it won't allow the driver to
> load. What I need is some way to completely erase any traces of the
> driver and itunes/QuickTime from my computer short of reinstalling the
> OS.

spyhunter39

well, I was actually asking if anyone knew if apple had that. I kne
microsoft wouldn't go out of their way to solve another company'
problems.

If they don't, which I don't think they do, is there some other 3r
party software that will remove driver and such

--
spyhunter3

http://forums.techarena.i