Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > The Future is HD DVD-RAM

The Future is HD DVD-RAM

Just Visiting

With built-in error control and a defect management system, HD DVD-RAM
is considered a highly reliable format with technology related to hard
disk and floppy disk. HD DVD-RAMs can be accessed just like a hard or
floppy disk and usually without any special software. For this reason,
it makes an excellent source for general data storage, backup and
archival. HD DVD-RAM will hold 20 gigabytes per layer intended for
data storage, including HD video. So when will it be available? Don't
hold your breath.

ChairmanOfTheBored

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 02:43:22 GMT, Just Visiting
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>So when will it be available? Don't
>hold your breath.

Actually, you should go ahead and hold yours... Please.

Mike Ray

Just Visiting wrote:
> With built-in error control and a defect management system, HD DVD-RAM
> is considered a highly reliable format with technology related to hard
> disk and floppy disk. HD DVD-RAMs can be accessed just like a hard or
> floppy disk and usually without any special software. For this reason,
> it makes an excellent source for general data storage, backup and
> archival. HD DVD-RAM will hold 20 gigabytes per layer intended for
> data storage, including HD video. So when will it be available? Don't
> hold your breath.

I hope that is true because I have had great success with SD DVD-RAM
disks in my Panasonic DMR-EZ47K recorder, plus I can just load the disk
into my laptop to edit an re-burn. In fact I have yet to burn anything
but DVD-RAM disk in the panny.
-Mike