Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: How to validate with W3C validation for intrAnet apps. (behinda firewall+proxy)

Re: How to validate with W3C validation for intrAnet apps. (behinda firewall+proxy)

Harlan Messinger

zaku wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> I'm quite a newbie regarding web-designer; I have to develop a front-
> end using Struts for an intrAnet application.
>
> I use:
> Macromedia Dreamweaver 8
> RAD 7 (IBM)
>
> The clue on that story is that I cannot validate CSS and XHTML (strict
> variant) with the W3C URL validator, because of some proxy or firewall
> in our bank.
>
> How can I validate my JSPs on my local machine and be sure that
> everything is W3C conform. Any suggestion?

Take the source from the browser and (a) save it to a file and upload it
using the W3 validator's option to upload files for validation or (b)
paste the source code into the the W3 validator's option to validate
pasted-in text.

For future reference--you don't need to ask a question like this in four
newsgroups! This is an HTML question--either c.i.w.a.h or alt.html would
certainly have sufficed.