Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .NET Book Suggestions

ASP .NET Book Suggestions

PSULionRP

I am new to the ASP >NET Programming world and am wondering what suggestions
some of you might have out there for educating myself. I'm a bit of a
dinosaur here in previously developing screens in CICS and DB2 so I am trying
to make the transition and anything one might suggest in terms of books or
web addresses would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help and attention.

PSULionRP

Elmo Watson

I'll recommend my site (below) for learning new concepts.
However, what I'd suggest even more, is that, during the time you're
learning, you familiarize your self with Object Oriented/Event Driven
principles.
This will help you greatly in the architecture knowledge you will need to
build your own sites:
http://netmation.com/exp0028.htm

David Wier
http://aspnet101.com
bloated markup

"PSULionRP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am new to the ASP >NET Programming world and am wondering what
>suggestions
> some of you might have out there for educating myself. I'm a bit of a
> dinosaur here in previously developing screens in CICS and DB2 so I am
> trying
> to make the transition and anything one might suggest in terms of books or
> web addresses would be GREATLY appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help and attention.
>
> PSULionRP

David Wier

I've got a list of a few recommended books here:
http://www.aspnet101.com/aspnet101/books.aspx

David Wier
http://aspnet101.com
bloated markup

"PSULionRP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am new to the ASP >NET Programming world and am wondering what
>suggestions
> some of you might have out there for educating myself. I'm a bit of a
> dinosaur here in previously developing screens in CICS and DB2 so I am
> trying
> to make the transition and anything one might suggest in terms of books or
> web addresses would be GREATLY appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help and attention.
>
> PSULionRP

Jignesh

Good Place to start http://www.asp.net

Regards
JIGNESH

"PSULionRP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am new to the ASP >NET Programming world and am wondering what
> suggestions
> some of you might have out there for educating myself. I'm a bit of a
> dinosaur here in previously developing screens in CICS and DB2 so I am
> trying
> to make the transition and anything one might suggest in terms of books or
> web addresses would be GREATLY appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help and attention.
>
> PSULionRP

292/296 book suggestions Daniel Wilson MCSE 1 09-20-2004 04:58 PM
Beginner PIX book suggestions rickm Cisco 0 06-16-2004 02:03 AM
Book Suggestions Please! Jeff Gaines ASP .Net 9 09-28-2003 07:13 PM
Book suggestions GriffithsJ ASP .Net 1 08-16-2003 10:15 PM
Help esk Suggestions - Best Practices, Tool, ideas, suggestions, etc JohnNews Computer Support 3 06-23-2003 11:20 PM

Advertisments