Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Smart Debugger (Python)

Smart Debugger (Python)

kraman

Hi All,

Please find the smart debugger for python. it is an enchanced
version of python pdb with
data rendering feature.

http://develsdb.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/python/
http://develsdb.googlecode.com/svn/w...gerPython.wiki

hope you find this useful.

Regards,
Karthik

Norm Matloff

I have something of an obsession with debuggers, so I was glad to see
this posting. While we're on the subject, I might as well add my own
small contribution, which I call Xpdb.

Xpdb is available at http://heather.cs.ucdavis.edu/~matloff/xpdb.html
Quoting from the beginning of that page:

I tend to use GUI debugging tools with Python, but often find that
PDB is adequate or even superior. It loads instantly, doesn't take up
much real estate on the screen, and its ability to set up aliases/macros
is very valuable. (Note too Rocky Bernstein's new PYDB, at
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?
group_id=61395&package_id=175827.)

However, I missed having a window that displays my source code and my
current position in it, so I added such a window to PDB, using
curses, somewhat analogously to the CGDB variant of GDB (and the -tui
option in GDB). The result, Xpdb, is available at
http://heather.cs.ucdavis.edu/~matlo...hon/Xpdb/Code/. It is
nothing fancy at all, mainly just a source window capability added
to PDB (though with a couple of extra new features).

Norm Matloff

kraman

On Feb 3, 3:55 pm, Norm Matloff <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have something of an obsession with debuggers, so I was glad to see
> this posting. While we're on the subject, I might as well add my own
> small contribution, which I call Xpdb.
>
> Xpdb is available athttp://heather.cs.ucdavis.edu/~matloff/xpdb.html
> Quoting from the beginning of that page:
>
> I tend to use GUI debugging tools with Python, but often find that
> PDB is adequate or even superior. It loads instantly, doesn't take up
> much real estate on the screen, and its ability to set up aliases/macros
> is very valuable. (Note too Rocky Bernstein's new PYDB, at
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?
> group_id=61395&package_id=175827.)
>
> However, I missed having a window that displays my source code and my
> current position in it, so I added such a window to PDB, using
> curses, somewhat analogously to the CGDB variant of GDB (and the -tui
> option in GDB). The result, Xpdb, is available at
> http://heather.cs.ucdavis.edu/~matlo...hon/Xpdb/Code/. It is
> nothing fancy at all, mainly just a source window capability added
> to PDB (though with a couple of extra new features).
>
> Norm Matloff

It'll be helpful if you provide some screenshots on how this work

Smart Debugger (Perl) kraman Perl Misc 0 01-24-2008 09:01 PM
Smart Debugger (Ruby) kraman Ruby 0 01-24-2008 08:07 PM
Need Help getting a debugger going for IE - any free debugger aflat362 Javascript 7 12-07-2006 10:51 PM
Neither IE-Debugger or Mozilla/Venkman debugger can step through dynamically added code? Robert Oschler Javascript 1 09-05-2005 07:17 AM
Smart Card Certificate Logon and Smart Card Wireless EAP-TLS erha Wireless Networking 0 05-19-2005 01:40 AM

Advertisments