Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Can't resolve Domain Names outside of Windows Domain

Can't resolve Domain Names outside of Windows Domain

MTUser2007

i work in a Windows domain on a Lenovo T60p laptop. I connect via wireless.
Everything works fine when I log in the domain. When I leave the domain, I
cannot use IE to browse nor send mail. Skype works.

Troubleshooting so far reveals that I can ping IP addresses and can visit
websites by IP address if it does not involve name resolution. I cannot
resolve any names. IP config shows that I have name servers assigned. If I
try to over ride the name servers by putting name servers in the network
adapter, no difference.

Lastly, if just log onto my machine as administrator outside of the domain,
I still cannot resolve names.

This is very frustrating. Any help appreciated.

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

MTUser2007 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> i work in a Windows domain on a Lenovo T60p laptop. I connect via
> wireless. Everything works fine when I log in the domain. When I
> leave the domain, I cannot use IE to browse nor send mail. Skype
> works.
>
> Troubleshooting so far reveals that I can ping IP addresses and can
> visit websites by IP address if it does not involve name resolution.
> I cannot resolve any names. IP config shows that I have name servers
> assigned. If I try to over ride the name servers by putting name
> servers in the network adapter, no difference.
>
> Lastly, if just log onto my machine as administrator outside of the
> domain, I still cannot resolve names.
>
> This is very frustrating. Any help appreciated.

You didn't mention whether you're using Access Connections or Windows to
manage your network settings. I much prefer the latter & always uninstall
the former and suggest you try this. I have no problems without Access
Connections running.