Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Virus / Spyware Protection

Virus / Spyware Protection

Lee

I am looking for a good affordable spyware / virus protection for my 3 x64
servers, I am open to suggestions. I looked at Microsoft's ForeFront product
but it seems to be mostly vapor ware at this point. Let me know of your
reccomendations.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Forefront Client Security is full product at this point, and does well on
Server. But it's way overkill for 3 servers - FCS is more appropriate for
locations with large client deployments where what you really want is the
great monitoring and reporting tools.

There's lots of choices out there. Since these are servers, I don't frankly
see the point to anti-spyware - you shouldn't be surfing or doing email on a
server. But I personally like the MS Anti-spyware, though others probably
have choices they'd prefer. Most seem to work well on 64-bit, since they
don't have a file-system driver.

For A-V, I like Nod32, AVG, and Trend. All work on x64.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"Lee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am looking for a good affordable spyware / virus protection for my 3 x64
> servers, I am open to suggestions. I looked at Microsoft's ForeFront
> product
> but it seems to be mostly vapor ware at this point. Let me know of your
> reccomendations.

David F

I use Windows Live OneCare. You can purchase a copy which covers three
computers for a 1 year period for $15 including shipping on ebay.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Forefront Client Security is full product at this point, and does well on
> Server. But it's way overkill for 3 servers - FCS is more appropriate for
> locations with large client deployments where what you really want is the
> great monitoring and reporting tools.
>
> There's lots of choices out there. Since these are servers, I don't
> frankly see the point to anti-spyware - you shouldn't be surfing or doing
> email on a server. But I personally like the MS Anti-spyware, though
> others probably have choices they'd prefer. Most seem to work well on
> 64-bit, since they don't have a file-system driver.
>
> For A-V, I like Nod32, AVG, and Trend. All work on x64.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> "Lee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I am looking for a good affordable spyware / virus protection for my 3 x64
>> servers, I am open to suggestions. I looked at Microsoft's ForeFront
>> product
>> but it seems to be mostly vapor ware at this point. Let me know of your
>> reccomendations.

Charlie Russel - MVP

not a chance it will ever be on any of my machines.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

news:(E-Mail Removed)...