Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > File Transfer Manager

File Transfer Manager

Lee

I am a developer and use windows server x64 as my OS becuase that is the
target os for my development projects. I have run into a problem getting
downloads from msdn subscriptions in that the file transfer manager won't
launch. It does no matter if I use 32bit IE or 64bit IE. I get an error
saying that it cannot launch. I went to the website and downloaded it
manually but that did not help, when I run the app I get a message saying
that it is not the most current version, and won't download. I verified it is
the correct version, and even tried reinstalling it but always get an error
every where I go. I need my subscription content but don't have a 32 bit
machine to get it. Any suggestions?

Charlie Russel - MVP

MSDN has online web forums for support. I suspect the problem is a
permissions or security setting in 32-bit IE. (64-bit IE is not supported by
the FTM.) You could start by putting the MSDN site in your Trusted Sites
zone.

It should work fine with 32-bit IE - many, many people running 64-bit
Windows get downloads from MSDN.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64