Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > How open is the "new" Avaya?

How open is the "new" Avaya?

Ramon F Herrera

I just visited a fast growing company hoping to tell them all about IP
telephony, and it turns out that they already have some of the most
recent Avaya IP systems. Still, there is some potential work to offer
them, interconnecting their system with other companies', sharing
networks and POPs, etc. The thing about Avaya is that I am familiar
with their older systems (Definity) but I wonder just how much
interoperability they offer now.

General comments are most welcome, but for a more specific question,
how's this one: can I buy an Avaya IP phone by itself? How well (or
bad) will it work with Asterisk?

TIA,

-Ramon