Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > For Floyd Davidson--Happy Sunshine!

For Floyd Davidson--Happy Sunshine!

Allen

ABC News had a brief story today showing the first appearance of the sun
since ? in Barrow, AK. Enjoy!
Allen

Floyd L. Davidson

Allen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>ABC News had a brief story today showing the first appearance of the sun
>since ? in Barrow, AK. Enjoy!

Yep, it was supposedly up for 55 minutes, from 1:12
until 2:07 PM.

Not that anybody saw it. Here's the weather that was reported
at 1PM,

Wind : from the WNW (290 degrees) at 25 MPH
gusting to 33 MPH
Visibility : 2 1/2 mile(s)
Sky conditions : partly cloudy
Weather : Blowing snow
Temperature : -11 F (-24 C)
Windchill : -38 F (-39 C)
Dew Point : -16 F (-27 C)
Relative Humidity : 76%

And that was as thing were improving!

In fact we didn't see anything different today than
yesterday. But we'll be gaining 10-15 minutes of sun
each day for quite a while. Then on May 10th it will
come up and stay up until Aug 2nd.